TLD Block Error

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
iceblaze

TLD Block Error

Post by iceblaze »

Hi, I'm currently having problems with using the TLD block. I found a similar thread to this issue,but the guy suggested that he delete the whole block entirely. I really wanting to use it, and if anyone can help, please do.

Here is the Error:
[11:13:02] [***]: *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
[11:13:02] [***]: *** Notice -- error: unrealircd.conf:93: tld::motd is missing
[11:13:02] [***]: *** Notice -- error: unrealircd.conf:93: tld::rules is missing
[11:13:02] [***]: *** Notice -- error: 2 errors encountered
[11:13:02] [***]: *** Notice -- error: IRCd configuration failed to pass testing

and here is my config line:
tld {
mask 1@*;
motd "vip.motd";
rules "vip.rules";
channel "#vip";
};

I'm testing a feature i want to add, and I need those blocks. I also tried with the original rules and motd, and no matter what I put, I get that error.

Any ideas?

Also those files do exist in my unreal directory.
SpaceDoG

Re: TLD Block Error

Post by SpaceDoG »

Taken from: http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... l#tldblock
4.12 - TLD Block OPTIONAL (Previously known as the T:Line)

Syntax:

Code: Select all

tld {
	mask <hostmask>;
	motd <motd-file>;
	rules <rules-file>;
	shortmotd <shortmotd-file>;
	opermotd <opermotd-file>;
	botmotd <botmotd-file>;
	channel <channel-name>;
	options {
		ssl;
	};
};
The tld block allows you to specify a motd, rules, and channel for a user based on their host. This is useful if you want different motds for different languages. The tld::mask is a user@host mask that the user's username and hostname must match. The tld::motd, tld::shortmotd, tld::opermotd, tld::botmotd, and tld::rules specify the motd, shortmotd, opermotd, botmotd, and rules file, respectively, to be displayed to this hostmask. The tld::shortmotd, tld::opermotd, and tld::botmotd are optional. tld::channel is optional as well, it allows you to specify a channel that this user will be forced to join on connect. If this exists it will override the default auto join channel. The tld::options block allows you to define additional requirements, currently only tld::options::ssl which only displays the file for SSL users, and tld::options::remote which only displays the file for remote users, exists.

TLD entries are matched upside down

Example:

Code: Select all

tld {
	mask *@*.fr;
	motd "ircd.motd.fr";
	rules "ircd.rules.fr";
};