Staring & Connecting problems

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
WSergio

Staring & Connecting problems

Post by WSergio »

I installed Unreal3.2 on a WinXP Pro. Conf is ready...wircd launches, but
when someone tries to get connected to it...unrealircd not responding anymore...and, the Task Manager says that Wircd.exe uses 100% CPU...
what could it be?......please help me...
WSergio

Ops...i wrote the topic wrong ya......:>

Post by WSergio »

Ops...i wrote the topic wrong ya......:>
WSergio

Another strange thing while connecting...

Post by WSergio »

I'm doing here some tests...so...recently i discovered something: unrealircd was installed on a WinXP Pro, let just say i connect ~60 clones,
and, boom!... i get this notice (as ircop) "*** Notice -- Aieeeee!!! Restarting server... too many select errors" and wircd shuts down...
And this...only on WinXP....
......................what is it? :>......................................
euph

Post by euph »

Obviously a bug. I dunno if its OS related or what, but I'd suggest contacting one of the devs as it seems worthy of their involvement.
Dextroverse IRC Net Admin
dv.irc.youph.net
jewles

WSergio: Configuration

Post by jewles »

I installed Unreal3.2 on a WinXP Pro. Conf is ready...wircd launches, but
when someone tries to get connected to it...unrealircd not responding anymore...and, the Task Manager says that Wircd.exe uses 100% CPU...
I personally test each version of unreal3.2 when its realeased and I haven't found any problems with the windows release for Unreal3.2. You might want to double check your configuration files and make sure you don't have any erorr.
Last edited by jewles on Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemoswitch

Post by nemoswitch »

even though running a ircd in windows is funny. I thought I would try it before I put it into bsd. Anyways. I have found. if you do too many fast connects to the wircd. you will crash the ircd server. this seems to only happen in windows though. the wircd icon is still in the task bar. but the ircd itself stops responding. this may be just a xp issue too. but. I have compiled a different ircd in cygwin and it does not do it.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

If it crashes, it should generate a wircd.somenumber.core, you should send us this file so that we can find the problem.
-- codemastr
nemoswitch

Post by nemoswitch »

Ignore my first reply please. I found the problem. I am so used to using hybrid 7. with the error I had. I was used to irc saying "connecting to fast". and I do not see that error message in unreal. This still sounds like the same error you have sort of. I have used unreal since the old old old version. are you sure your unrealircd.conf is written right. I am just a user that tests many releases of many ircd servers. do you have alot of ram ? do you have a lot of cpu speed to handle XP. It may be XP itself that is sucking up the resources. Default XP setup uses lots of ram and cpu useage. Especially if you use default XP visual style settings and effects. as well as the defaul services. anyways. running it here right now on xp pro with service pack 1.

cpu speed is only 566 Mhz
ram is 512 megs.
hard drive. 20 gigs.

I am running 42 processes at the moment in XP with cpu usage at 12%
unreal wircd is only using 3,600 k ram. hell this mozilla is using 23 megs ram and cpu usage is at 12%. I am not saying it isn't unreal. but I have seen it happen where it looks like one program that is using all the cpu when actually it was xp itself or another proggie. or a configuration error in the .conf file. Do you have any modules installed ? any more info. I would like to make it happen here. so I can learn what you did.
WSergio

Windows....:>

Post by WSergio »

I think winXP is the problem that cause UnrealIrcd not responding....
i'm connecting over 1000 bots in about 10-15 minutes....
The connectin` delay is 'default' , 2 seconds :>....
That's why wircd crashes...
anyway...on Win2k Server all is just fine...so....i`m going on with Win2k.
Thank you, all.