Global I-line (maxperip)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
independence

Global I-line (maxperip)

Post by independence »

Hello!

Is there some way to make a global I-line? I can set up allow blocks on all the servers on the net, and set maxperip to 25 for example, but I think what this will do is allow 25 connections per server? Is there some way to have this limit globally instead, so 25 connections to the entire network is allowed? Maybe with some services bot or module?

Thanks.
Casper

Re: Global I-line (maxperip)

Post by Casper »

I believe Anope services can do this. Read their services.conf on how to set a global maximum. Read /msg operserv help exception on how to set a maximum for a single user.
Ex Network-Administrator
[dx]

Post by [dx] »

Yes, but if Anope can do that, there is allow block for *@* users (example: for 5 users), so there is still problem :)

Hope u understand what I am trying to say
Casper

Post by Casper »

Then you can set it as high as possible for example to 99 and let the services handle everything. Although then, you sort of have a problem when services crash during some sort of clone attack...
Ex Network-Administrator
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Casper wrote:Then you can set it as high as possible for example to 99 and let the services handle everything. Although then, you sort of have a problem when services crash during some sort of clone attack...
The maxperip setting is not required, so if you want to use services to limit connections it can be left out instead of "setting it as high as possible"

However, I would set the maxperip setting to the same as the services max, just in case they did happen to crash during an attack (which is a somewhat unlikely but possible situation)