Oper's 127.0.0.1 Default Hostmask

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
compengi

Oper's 127.0.0.1 Default Hostmask

Post by compengi »

I can see that all Opers get by default this `[email protected]` hostmask. Is there away to change this default behaviour to something like `nick@some/thing/goes/here`? I tried:
hosts {
local "127.0.0.1";
global "127.0.0.1";
coadmin "127.0.0.1";
admin "127.0.0.1";
servicesadmin "127.0.0.1";
netadmin "127.0.0.1";
host-on-oper-up "yes";
};
};
`get_host;` is already set in oper's block, but nothing changed when I tried to change these IPs to "some/thing/goes/here" or "127.0.0.1" should be changed to an IP address? (If yes, in this case it's not what I'm looking for). Any work through you could suggest to set what I'm looking for?
zEkE

Re: Oper's 127.0.0.1 Default Hostmask

Post by zEkE »

This is the correct location to change the opers vhosts - are there any errors when you rehash, and are the ops disconnecting and reconnecting (or deopering) before using the /oper command in testing this?

If you have errors when rehashing, it will fail and no changes will be made.

If the opers are not disconnecting or deopering before testing, their status will not be affected when they correctly /oper
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
compengi

Post by compengi »

When I rehash I see only those:
*** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:188: unknown directive hosts
*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:30: illegal oper::class, unknown class 'clients' using default of class 'default'
*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:66: illegal oper::class, unknown class 'clients' using default of class 'default'
*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:102: illegal oper::class, unknown class 'clients' using default of class 'default'
*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:135: illegal oper::class, unknown class 'clients' using default of class 'default'
*** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
I don't think that those aren't considered as errors. I'm trying to set this:
hosts {
local "Network/Staff";
global "Network/Staff";
coadmin "Network/Staff/CoAdmin";
admin "Network/Staff/Server/Admin";
servicesadmin "Network/Staff/Services/Admin";
netadmin "Network/Staff/Network/Admin";
host-on-oper-up "yes";
};
I reconnected couple of times and nothing changed, I still see `[email protected]`. I think the place where I inserted this host function is wrong. But does backslash "/" in this case is accepted?
zEkE

Post by zEkE »

Two things:

Firstly, no, forward/backslashes are not allowed, as these are invalid DNS characters. The basic rule is, if you can make it a domain (or subdomain), you're free to use it as the hostname.

Secondly, and this is indicating where the problem is, in the errors - the first one is the problem. "*** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:188: unknown directive hosts"

The hosts block you have, while correct (after removing/changing the slashes) should be inside the set {} block. If it is already inside the set block, then changing the slashes should fix the problem - if it isn't, you'll need to do both.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/