Welcome Message

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
DJ24966

Welcome Message

Post by DJ24966 »

Is it possible to set a welcome message for an individual channel, or do you need a separate module? If so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Casper

Re: Welcome Message

Post by Casper »

It can be done through your services package (I just assume you use Anope, as I saw you on those forums).

Code: Select all

/cs set #channel entrymsg Message
Ex Network-Administrator
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

Casper wrote:It can be done through your services package (I just assume you use Anope, as I saw you on those forums).

Code: Select all

/cs set #channel entrymsg Message
That shows up fine as long as I use mIRC to access the room. Is it possible to get it to display to users using Webchat as well?
zEkE

Post by zEkE »

It should display fine to any client that will display notices from another client in the channel. Normal behavior for mIRC is to display notices received from users in the active window, this isn't necessarily normal for every client.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

zEkE wrote:It should display fine to any client that will display notices from another client in the channel. Normal behavior for mIRC is to display notices received from users in the active window, this isn't necessarily normal for every client.
I'm trying to use Chatcore. It might not support it. If anybody here could give me a confirmation, I'd appreciate it.
Casper

Post by Casper »

I'm testing it and I find it doesn't support major things, such things like this.

'Whispers' in their language (notices) will be send WHEN you're having a pm conversation with that person. I also believe that you've got to accept that PM first.

I'd strongly recommend you to use a client like pjirc, it's much more like mIRC. As an addition to that, I use to Chatcore webapp as a way to get around java blocks on the schools' private network.

They need to develope it further: it really needs updates!
Ex Network-Administrator
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

Casper wrote:I'm testing it and I find it doesn't support major things, such things like this.

'Whispers' in their language (notices) will be send WHEN you're having a pm conversation with that person. I also believe that you've got to accept that PM first.

I'd strongly recommend you to use a client like pjirc, it's much more like mIRC. As an addition to that, I use to Chatcore webapp as a way to get around java blocks on the schools' private network.

They need to develope it further: it really needs updates!
I thought about using pjirc, but couldn't stand the interface, and honesty, I had more issues with it than I do with chat core.

Thanks
Casper

Post by Casper »

In that case you've got something some programming so you do like it ^_^. Nah, just kidding.

Perhaps you could also set the welcome message in the upper space which is created for such things. In the configuration it is "Misc" and than search for "Message of the day."
Ex Network-Administrator
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

Casper wrote:In that case you've got something some programming so you do like it ^_^. Nah, just kidding.

Perhaps you could also set the welcome message in the upper space which is created for such things. In the configuration it is "Misc" and than search for "Message of the day."
Yeah, I just wanted it separate for each channel, but that's really my only option for now.

Thanks