Channel limit?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
DJ24966

Channel limit?

Post by DJ24966 »

Is there a channel limit or something?

I have the following channel line, however if I create anymore after this one, they fail to show up on my list. There is a limit in Anope, but I have made it much higher than the default.

Code: Select all

official-channels {"#[GN]TheLobby" { topic "Welcome to TheLobby."; }; {"#[GN]HelpDesk" { topic "Having an issue? Get help here!."; };{"#[CP]PC_Support" { topic "Having a PC Issue? We will try and help!"; };{"#[CP]Scripting" { topic "Test out your latest scripts."; };{"#[EN]Movies" { topic "Chat about the latest movie releases."; }{"#[EN]Music" { topic "Chat about the latest music."; }{"#[EN]Television" { topic "Chat about the latest TV Shows."; }};
Television does not show up, Music is the final one, and I still have 21 more channels I need to add.

Thanks
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Channel limit?

Post by Jobe »

A much better way would be to use an eggdrop that sits in the channels all the time, that way they retain their modes and topic too.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

I use anope, but the problem is, unless I add the channels in the unreal config as well, they will not show up in the list, even with a bot in them at all times.
zEkE

Post by zEkE »

The ONLY reason they will NOT show up in the list is if:
A) NOONE is in them (users, eggdrops, botserv, nothing)
B) The channel is set +p or +s.

With Anope, Botserv WILL NOT stay in a channel if it is the only thing in the channel. It WILL leave and it will return when something non-anope joins.

This is why the suggestion was made to have a bot (NOT a botserv bot) sit in the channel, to maintain the channels existence.

Adding channels to the "Official Channels" list will also not retain old modes, such as bans in the channel, although the topic should be restored by chanserv when someone joins.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
DJ24966

Post by DJ24966 »

The thing is, those listed above always show up. Just the way I would like for them to. However, if I add any after that, they don't. So I'm asking is there a limit on how many channels you can have?

We are not using /list to see our channels, we are using a PHP page, which was talked about in the Offtopic Section.
zEkE

Post by zEkE »

Just tested your script on my server.

With 50 official channels rehashed into the server, in addition to those actually existing with users, all showed up.

And as for "We are not using /list to see our channels, we are using a PHP page, which was talked about in the Offtopic Section." - you may be using the PHP script. The PHP script uses /list (or the LIST command in IRC. Same thing).
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/