Removing Remotely Set Spamfilters Globally

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
MiNdErAsR

Removing Remotely Set Spamfilters Globally

Post by MiNdErAsR »

Apparently I posted this to the wrong forum at first. Sorry for the cross posting.

Running Unreal3.2 RC2fix on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p1. All other servers are version Unreal3.2-RC2fix.

A few admins had added spamfilter lines remotely (via /spamfilter blah). However we've come to find a few false positives caught up among actual spams. Whether this was due to faulty or perhaps too broad of a filter I'm not sure, but we thought it best to remove them for the time being.
Use: /spamfilter [add|del|remove|+|-] [type] [action] [tkltime] [reason] [regex]
Does "del", "remove", and "-" all perform the same task, or maybe remove is local and del global? Remove is the command I used to lift the set filters. Since a global snotice was issued, I assumed it was a global removal. However /stats f server* showed the same spamfilter lines still in place, yet /stats f came up empty on my own server.

TIA
MiNdErAsR

Post by MiNdErAsR »

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

;)
eQuiliBrium

Re: Removing Remotely Set Spamfilters Globally

Post by eQuiliBrium »

MiNdErAsR wrote:
Use: /spamfilter [add|del|remove|+|-] [type] [action] [tkltime] [reason] [regex]
Does "del", "remove", and "-" all perform the same task.
Let me explain if noone else will like to.

"/spamfilter add" = adding a regex to be baned/shuned/whatever
"spamfilter del" = removing an entry from the regex file.
"/spamfilter remove" = removing a entry that is been cought by the spamfilter regex (just removing the ban/shun/whatever not the entry in "stats f") meaning that the ip that has been cought can join the server again (if its a gline-action) same for shun the ip is unshun.
BUT on spaming with the same regex will be banned/shun/whatever again, sins it is not removed from the regex file.
The "+ and -" its just so you understand it more better.
Let me think about it
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

eQuiliBrium: I don't understand where you got that from ;p.

to add a spamfilter entry you use 'add' or '+'.
to remove a spamfilter entry you use 'del', 'remove' or '-'
it are just multiple words which have the same meaning.

Code: Select all

if (!strcasecmp(parv[1], "add") || !strcmp(parv[1], "+"))
    whattodo = 0;
else if (!strcasecmp(parv[1], "del") || !strcmp(parv[1], "-") || !strcasecmp(parv[1], "remove"))
    whattodo = 1;
else
{
    sendto_one(sptr, ":%s NOTICE %s :1st parameter invalid", me.name, sptr->name);
    return spamfilter_usage(sptr);
}
To the original reporter (MiNdErAsR): if you can reproduce this somehow, then please report it at http://bugs.unrealircd.org/ . Nobody (else) has reported such a bug.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Just experienced (on a network which isn't mine) a spamfilter remove bug too, it just removed the wrong entry (!?).
I hope this is the same bug... assuming it is I now got a reproducable case, I'll put a bugreport in bugs.* and will look into this issue.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Fixed in CVS (.2187)
pam

Post by pam »

Thanks Syzop,

We appreciate you finding and repairing it.

pam