Need Help... On Linking.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Melkor

Need Help... On Linking.

Post by Melkor »

Im trying to link...
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Melkor is rehashing server config file
-
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
-
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
-
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Melk is rehashing server config file
-
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Loading IRCd configuration ..
-
[7:19pm] *** Notice -- Configuration loaded without any problems ..
-
[7:20pm] (link) Link Hub.CA.US.XeroLogic.net -> Logic.CA.US.XeroLogic.net[@63.110.126.238.4652] established
-
[7:20pm] *** Notice -- (link) Link Hub.CA.US.XeroLogic.net -> Logic.CA.US.XeroLogic.net[@63.110.126.238.4652] established
-
[7:20pm] *** Global -- Closing link: Write error: Broken pipe - Logic.CA.US.XeroLogic.net[63.110.126.238]
-
Here is a /map of the current server's
Hydro.420.US.XeroLogic.net (167) 2
> `-Hub.CA.US.XeroLogic.net (1) 4
> `-Services.XeroLogic.net (10)
Here is what it used to be...
Hydro.420.US.XeroLogic.net (163) 2
> |-Hub.CA.US.XeroLogic.net (0) 4
> | `-Services.XeroLogic.net (10)
> `-Logic.CA.US.XeroLogic.net (285) 1
Not even 3 hours ago....I thought it was ddos but I can still connect the IP, I have never gotten any link errors about my listen blocks, etc.... What's going on here?
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

What's the deal with a server having a broken pipe, Eh? The Hub AND Services are all on that same exact box.... Just different IP's
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

This is what the /map looks like for the hub itself
> |-Hydro.420.US.XeroLogic.net (164) 2
> `-Services.XeroLogic.net (10)
I changed the IP of the Logic IRCD and also updated it in both listen blocks... Now all it does is sync up, wait about 3 seconds, then broken pipe...Im not shure whats going on here...
now, another question....

On the leaf server, do I put leaf *; because its a leaf, or do I put hub *; because its connecting to the hub (the hub was compiled as Hub if your wondering) and, On the hub server, which do I put?

Thanks Guys!!
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Thought I might explain alittle more about the server... I've got a block of 8 IP's on my dedicated, Services is on one, IRCD on the other, and Hub, on yet another, the Listen blocks are all bound to the assigned IP for each server. The server itself is FreeBSD Stable, AMD XP 2000mhz 512 Ram, on 8xT1 1x100mbit Plexy Bundle connection.... All I keep getting is write error broken pipe from Logic.* even after I switched it's IP's up... :(
w00t

Post by w00t »

Linking isnt my strong point, but don't you have one server as hub, services as hub (from memory) and then connect other leafs to the hub ircd?
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]