Problem in the server side

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
dingir26

Problem in the server side

Post by dingir26 »

First, thanks very much to all the people in the board.

I have a problem. In the server with Windows 2003 i received the error: "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

I installed in service and non-service modes and the problem is equal. Some suggest?
Casper

Re: Problem in the server side

Post by Casper »

Just a very easy question.. Did you actually reinstall? And did you download it from unrealircd.com ?
Ex Network-Administrator
dingir26

Post by dingir26 »

Yes, i reinstall about five ocassions and the unreal are downloaded from official web (unrealircd.com)
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

If you installed it as a service, you must uninstall the service and reinstall the service. Just reinstalling Unreal does not do this for you. Follow these steps http://www.x-tab.org/unreal.html#service and then these http://www.x-tab.org/unreal.html#service2

If you did not install Unreal as a service, be sure to completely remove Unreal, re-download it, then re-install it. Make sure you have all the proper DLLs that it needs to run.
dingir26

Post by dingir26 »

Actually, unreal has not installed as service. We uninstalls follow the instructions and stop service with the command unreal stop and others, but unreal don't start. Thanks.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Installing the MSVS 2008 Redistributable Package will solve this problem.