Fatal Error when compiling Win32 UnrealIRCd

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
McDarby

Fatal Error when compiling Win32 UnrealIRCd

Post by McDarby »

Hey there, am having a bit of a problem. I was attempting to compile a Win32 UnrealIRCd of my own and ran into a fatal error. What I have is Windows XP Pro with SP3 and I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition since I know this will not work under Cygwin and is out of the question. However, under Cygwin, I only extracted Unreal3.2.8 out of the .tar.gz into the Unreal3.2 directory. From there, I closed Cygwin and then have used Windows Explorer to move that directory into C:\VSDev where I now have C:\VSDev\Unreal3.2 where UnrealIRCd is to be compiled. Then I downloaded http://www.vulnscan.org/unrealwin32dev/ ... .8-rc2.rar and unrared that into C:\VSDev where I now have the c-ares-1.6.0, curl, curl-ssl, openssl-0.9.8.j, and zlib-1.2.3 directories in C:\VSDev along with the Unreal3.2 directory. So then I started the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt and CDed into C:\VSDev\Unreal where I believed I should go. And finally, I tried to compile an UnrealIRCd with ziplink support where I issued the following command.

Code: Select all

nmake -f makefile.win32 USE_ZIPLINKS=1 ZLIB_INC_DIR="C:\VSDev\zlib-1.2.3" ZLIB_LIB_DIR="C:\VSDev\zlib-1.2.3\win32"
And I ended up with this fatal error.

Code: Select all

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zlibwapi.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE" : return code '0x49d'
Stop.
Which I don't know what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any help on this. I was doing this because I wanted to see if I can compile this with the +aq prefixes disabled.