Completely Noob Question

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Binky

Completely Noob Question

Post by Binky »

Sorry about my completely noob question..
How do I add IRCops cause I saw the block in the configuration file , I already added anope services
What am I doing wrong?

Code: Select all

oper ********** {
	from {
		userhost binky@*********;
	};
	password *******};
	class clients;
	flags  	global;
	flags {
		netadmin;
		can_gkline;
		can_gzline;
		can_zline;
		can_restart;
		can_die;
		global;
		can_globalkill;
	};
	swhois *;
	snomask frebWqFv;
};
Im I doing it wrong can some give me a example on how its it suppost to look like and what somask is :oops:

Thnx~ :mrgreen:
Binky

Re: Completely Noob Question

Post by Binky »

Sorry for the double post also how could I do it so I have access to everthing :wink: so it never tell me access denied
ohnobinki
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: Oper blocks and permissions

Post by ohnobinki »

What commands are you issuing that give you the ``access denied'' error message?

Are you remembering to issue the /oper command with your username and password after you've connected to your IRCd?
Binky

Post by Binky »

oh wow thnx! :mrgreen: and it it possable to grant all flags to a user?
Also how can I make so every channel doesnt matter what channel I enter I have full access like I have the thing next to my name "~" and that i can kick and ban but I cant be kicked or banned from my server? thnx :mrgreen:
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Binky wrote:oh wow thnx! :mrgreen: and it it possable to grant all flags to a user?
Also how can I make so every channel doesnt matter what channel I enter I have full access like I have the thing next to my name "~" and that i can kick and ban but I cant be kicked or banned from my server? thnx :mrgreen:
Compile in and enable oper overrides will grant you the God powers you are desiring (although not directly related to this thread it will come into play in a second).

To be unkickable you need to set umode +q on yourself although I don't think you get ~ status, but with the above oper overrides you don't need owner access because you'll have far more access (not counting services access).

WARNING!! Many IRC users will leave your network and never return if they learn you are trying to be play God and not the humble oper you should be playing. You'll retain more users by NOT having a huge "This is my net and I'll do whatever I want" attitude. This is a simple tip on retaining users, not an invitation to debate the subject.
Binky

Post by Binky »

Uhmmm...
Everytime I try to do /unmode +q <username here> it says unknown command and when I do /mode +q <username here> chanserv changes it back why is this and how can I fix it thnx :)
ohnobinki
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by ohnobinki »

Instead of using the nonexistent command ``/unmode'', you should use ``/mode'' but with a negative mode string. For examples, /mode #channel -o nick

I'm not so sure about your second problem with anope:
To prevent anope from removing the +q mode, you need to set the user as chanserv's record of its founder list of owners using /cs set #channel founder nickoffounder . Maybe you're forgetting to identify to nickserv.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Please don't confuse usernode +q and channel mode +q.

Please read the /helpop entry for both.

HINT: ChanServ in Anope will not remove umode +q.