netsplit

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Izv143

netsplit

Post by Izv143 »

I'm having problems when some idiots start ddos on any of the irc servers and when netsplit happens hub just crush too. Hub has no redirected any of the irc domains but when crush for example irc.myserver.com, hub.myserver.com crush too for some reason. Anyone has any idea where could be a problem ?
Thnx
Bertrum

Re: netsplit

Post by Bertrum »

Whoever is attacking your network may know the IP address of your hub, so they are able to attack that also, you should make sure your hub is not used by clients and if you can avoid it opers also. Another thing is, you should make sure /stats H is set in the oper only stats in the set block of your configuration file. The best thing you can do to prevent this in my opinion is get your hub hosted by someone else, with a new IP address, or atleast try and request a new IP address from your current provider, that way anybody who tries to attack the hub will fail because it will have a different IP.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

As with all software, Unreal is not bug free. IF your server is truly crashing then we'd need a backtrace if Unreal created a core. There may be an unknown exploit being taken advantage of.
Izv143

Post by Izv143 »

katsklaw wrote:As with all software, Unreal is not bug free. IF your server is truly crashing then we'd need a backtrace if Unreal created a core. There may be an unknown exploit being taken advantage of.
OK I'll check and send it to unreal admins.