Problem UnrealIRCD.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Nitr0x

Problem UnrealIRCD.

Post by Nitr0x »

I am having an issue with something. I am a noob at unrealircd. I have been using this for a week now, i am still learning the basics of it's functions and how it works in general, so please go easy on me.

When i configure my unrealircd and then go to mirc and type this command:

Code: Select all

/server 127.0.0.1 6667
Then

/join #my.Chan
Everything works great! Of course that is off my localhost. Only me can connect.

Now here is when i have some issues. When i go to type:

/server "my ircd server" 6667
I get a connection error. I have forwarded port 6667. I do not know what is wrong. I am really stumped on this error. I have googled my problem over and over before i came here to bug you guys, because i do not like to have people give me the answer. But, this is going on for a week now. I cannot figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Casper

Re: Problem UnrealIRCD.

Post by Casper »

First of all, when you are on the same internal network as where your server is connected, the domain you try to get connected to, will never work. You always have to use localhost (or when it's another computer, but still in the same internal network as you are, you connect to an IP address like 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x).

If you want outsiders to be able to connect, you should give them your IP address or a domain name. Please bare in mind that to use a domain, you should buy one or get one for free from sites like no-ip.org. Just placing in your unrealircd.conf that your server will be "irc.mynetwork.com", doesn't make "mynetwork.com" yours and available for you.
Ex Network-Administrator
Nitr0x

Post by Nitr0x »

Casper wrote:First of all, when you are on the same internal network as where your server is connected, the domain you try to get connected to, will never work. You always have to use localhost (or when it's another computer, but still in the same internal network as you are, you connect to an IP address like 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x).

If you want outsiders to be able to connect, you should give them your IP address or a domain name. Please bare in mind that to use a domain, you should buy one or get one for free from sites like no-ip.org. Just placing in your unrealircd.conf that your server will be "irc.mynetwork.com", doesn't make "mynetwork.com" yours and available for you.
Thank you for your reply so soon!

But before i was on a my no-ip.biz server. I connected just fine. It's acting like a webserver, you know how you install xampp or apache and you run it on a local machine and only you can see it, then you forward some ports and the whole world can see it? Well, its like this as well.

Here is my unrealircd source. I hope this can help. But, are you saying only me can connect locally all the time? Because i have connected through no-ip before as well.

MS Shell Dlg 2;loadmodule "modules/commands.dll";
loadmodule "modules/cloak.dll";

include "help.conf";
include "badwords.channel.conf";
include "badwords.message.conf";
include "badwords.quit.conf";
include "spamfilter.conf";

me
{
	name "no-ip.biz";
	info "Nitr0x";
	numeric 1;
};

admin {
	"Nitr0x";
	"Nitr0x";
	"no-ip.biz";
};

class           clients
{
	pingfreq 90;
	maxclients 500000;
	sendq 100000;
	recvq 8000;
};

allow {
	ip             *@*;
	hostname       *@*;
	class           clients;
	maxperip 1;
};

oper Nitr0x {
	class           clients;
	password "PASSWORD";
	from {
		userhost *@*;
	};
	flags
	{
		netadmin;
		can_zline;
		can_gzline;
		can_gkline;
		global;
	};
};

listen         *:6667;

drpass {
	restart "PASSWRD";
	die "PASSWRD2";
};

set {
	network-name 		"SERVER";
	default-server 		"no-ip.biz";
	services-server 	"services.no-ip.biz";
	stats-server 		"stats.no-ip.biz";
	help-channel 		"#mychan";
	hiddenhost-prefix	"no-ip.biz";
	cloak-keys {
		"aB1chhiGIg79g9fIgigioGIGh8989gGgGgG9D2eF3gH4";
		"iJ5khgzgz677VOIOug89gGg9FGzfZGHh89hL6mN7oP8";
		"qR9sTggGhoGuiog79679hh809hHH809zhH99hHHo0uV1wX2";
	};
	hosts {
		local		"no-ip.biz";
		global		"no-ip.biz";
		coadmin		"no-ip.biz";
		admin		"no-ip.biz";
		servicesadmin 	"no-ip.biz";
		netadmin 	"no-ip.biz";
		host-on-oper-up "no-ip.biz";
	};
};

set {
	kline-address "[email protected]";
	modes-on-connect "+ixw";
	modes-on-oper	 "+xwgs";
	oper-auto-join "#mychan";
	options {
		hide-ulines;
		show-connect-info;
	};

maxchannelsperuser 50000;
	anti-spam-quit-message-time 10s;
	oper-only-stats "okfGsMRUEelLCXzdD";
	throttle {
		connections 3;
		period 60s;
	};

anti-flood {
		nick-flood 3:60;	
	};

spamfilter {
		ban-time 3604d; 
		ban-reason "Spam/Advertising"; 
		virus-help-channel "#mychan"; 
	};
};
I want to be able to connect to my no-ip server again. Or i cannot? I can only connect via localhost as you were saying ...

Note: " I also have a friend that connect to the server but i cannot ... through no-ip. "
Nitr0x

Post by Nitr0x »

Heres some pictures that may help you understand my issue that i am having.

I type in /server 127.0.0.1 & my stuff loads fine i can go to my channel:

VIEW PICTURE 1 FULL VIEW: http://i45.tinypic.com/e7gk1i.png
VIEW PICTURE 2 FULL VIEW: http://i45.tinypic.com/svs460.png

But when i type /server <server.name> Which is "No-ip" I get a connection error shown below.

Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Hiding your server name makes it incredibly difficult for us to help as it means we are not able to test for ourselves to find where the problem is.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Nitr0x

Post by Nitr0x »

Jobe1986 wrote:Hiding your server name makes it incredibly difficult for us to help as it means we are not able to test for ourselves to find where the problem is.

The problem is on my end. You will be able to connect to my server through <no-ip>. But, i on the other hand cannot. The server is kinda private at the moment do to scripts that we are making. But, we never really dealt with unrealircd. If someone wants to help us, i will tell you the server info in pm, or we can discuss this further on msn?

But judging by the info i gave you i thought you could tell me some possible reasons why it wont connect. Or, i can let one of you experienced unrealircd coders on my computer through a client called: teamviewer and we can work it out that way.

I really appreciate your guys help. It truly means alot.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Hi Nitr0x,

What Casper said:
Casper wrote:First of all, when you are on the same internal network as where your server is connected, the domain you try to get connected to, will never work. You always have to use localhost (or when it's another computer, but still in the same internal network as you are, you connect to an IP address like 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x).
is pretty accurate.

It has nothing to do with Unreal, but everything to do with your router.

It can be confusing for your router when you try to connect to the external router ip from inside your own network (or even the same machine). With some routers port forwarding will work in that particular case too, for many it won't (then it will only work when 'outside users' connect to the router ip, which will then forward the connection to the inside).
Nitr0x

Post by Nitr0x »

Syzop wrote:Hi Nitr0x,

What Casper said:
is pretty accurate.

It has nothing to do with Unreal, but everything to do with your router.

It can be confusing for your router when you try to connect to the external router ip from inside your own network (or even the same machine). With some routers port forwarding will work in that particular case too, for many it won't (then it will only work when 'outside users' connect to the router ip, which will then forward the connection to the inside).
Thank you for your reply man, so its not a problem if i connect to mirc on locahost, and other people can connect to the server? But, its just frustrating, i want to be able to connect to my ip as well.

As i said before i am a coder of programs, i have server apps that connect to the server, when ran the server app fails to connect. Do you have teamviewer bro? Maybe if you view my computer with full remote access your be able to figure out the problem.

I am sorry to be such a bother in this matter. Lol, just confusing is all.
Nitr0x

Post by Nitr0x »

YOU GUYS ARE LEGIT! I FIGURED IT OUT. WITH THE ADVICE OF THE ROUTER. THANKS GUYS!

With these settings it allows me to connect to no-ip!

My app server now are connecting. Omfg!!!

A successful thread!

- Case closed!