Problems booting after recompiling

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
lord2800

Problems booting after recompiling

Post by lord2800 »

Hi. I just recompiled my ircd after upgrading some libraries, and now it won't boot. When it boots, it gives me this:

Code: Select all

[digtox@server1 Unreal3.2]$ ./unreal start
Starting UnrealIRCd
[!!!] Curl version mismatch: compiled for '7.11.0', library is '7.10.5'
[!!!] Header<->library mismatches can make UnrealIRCd *CRASH*! Make sure you don't have multiple versions of openssl or zlib installed (eg: one in /usr and one in /usr/local). And, if you recently upgraded them, be sure to recompile Unreal.
 _   _                      _ ___________  _____     _
| | | |                    | |_   _| ___ \/  __ \   | |
| | | |_ __  _ __ ___  __ _| | | | | |_/ /| /  \/ __| |
| | | | '_ \| '__/ _ \/ _` | | | | |    / | |    / _` |
| |_| | | | | | |  __/ (_| | |_| |_| |\ \ | \__/\ (_| |
 \___/|_| |_|_|  \___|\__,_|_|\___/\_| \_| \____/\__,_|
                           v3.2.1
                     using TRE 0.6.8
                     using OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
                     using zlib 1.1.4
                     using libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7d ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:44: loadmodule src/modules/commands.so: failed to load: Cannot open "tmp/5B139AF9.commands.so"
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load
Possible error encountered (IRCd seemily not started)
=====================================================
Check above for possible errors, and this output of
ircd.log. If you cannot solve the problem, read
Unreal.nfo on where to get support
=====================================================
The server is running on a FreeBSD 5.1 box, and worked perfectly up until now(besides issues we were having with the server itself, not the ircd). I have no idea what's going on, as I haven't done much with building the ircd, just running it. The ircd.log file doesn't contain any error info, or I'd post that as well. If you need any more info, let me know and I'll get back to you with it.
w00t

Post by w00t »

That library->header mismatch _could_ have something to do with it (it says it makes crash :P) Are you using remote includes, or anything like that?
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
lord2800

Post by lord2800 »

Yes, we're using remote includes. I had figured that the crash was a direct result of that, but I didn't know what was going on since I specified the exact directory of curl. I'm not sure why it would compile for 7.11.0 when we have 7.10.5 on there.

[EDIT] I just tried recompiling... again... and now I get this:

make: don't know how to make w. Stop
gmake[1]: *** [mods] Error 2
gmake: *** [build] Error 2
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

@version mismatch
Yes, that's quite odd then... Perhaps you have curl installed somewhere in the standard paths (/usr/include, /usr/local/include) and that takes precedence over the specified path? Just guessing here.

Anyway, the error where it actually stops at is that it cannot load src/modules/commands.so.
Assuming that file doesn't exist, perhaps this is a good time to recompile via 'make clean; make' ;p.
lord2800

Post by lord2800 »

Syzop wrote:@version mismatch
Yes, that's quite odd then... Perhaps you have curl installed somewhere in the standard paths (/usr/include, /usr/local/include) and that takes precedence over the specified path? Just guessing here.

Anyway, the error where it actually stops at is that it cannot load src/modules/commands.so.
Assuming that file doesn't exist, perhaps this is a good time to recompile via 'make clean; make' ;p.
That could be. I'll have to have a talk with the person actually in charge of the box.

Well, since I'm on a FreeBSD box, wouldn't that be 'gmake' instead of 'make'? Perhaps that's part of the problem? Also, I just retried compiling, and no go.

[EDIT] Using make instead of gmake yields this as an error:

* unrealircd.conf:46: loadmodule src/modules/m_banlist.so: failed to load: Cannot open "tmp/CAD83.m_banlist.so"
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load
Possible error encountered (IRCd seemily not started)
[EDIT AGAIN] Sure enough, the path to the specified curl install was using 7.10.5, but there's nothing I can do about that for now, as the default curl install paths won't even compile with Unreal. I'll have to get the new version of curl and install it by hand it seems.