Help with /oper

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Doctor

Help with /oper

Post by Doctor »

I've just installed UnrealIRCd 3.2.8.1 - I'm only having a play around and not even 100% sure if I'll actually run the server or not yet.

Anyway I'm having difficulties logging in as an operator. I'm using chatzilla and I get this error;

Code: Select all

[INFO]    Only few of mere mortals may try to enter the twilight zone (your host did not match any configured 'O-lines').
Like I said I'm only having a play around at the moment and not completely sure what I'm doing as such. Here's the block I have in unrealircd.conf;

Code: Select all

oper Doctor {
	class		clients;
	from {
		userhost *@*;
	};
	password "MyPa55word";
        flags
        {
                netadmin;
                can_rehash;
                can_localkill;
                can_globalkill;
                local;
                can_globalroute;
                can_localroute;
                can_zline;
                can_gzline;
                can_gkline;
                global;
                can_kline;
                can_unkline;
                can_localnotice;
                can_globalnotice;
                get_umodew;
                can_override;
                can_addline;
                get_umodew;
                get_host;
                can_dccdeny;
        };
};
If anyone has any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong I would really appreciate it.
therock247uk

Re: Help with /oper

Post by therock247uk »

/oper Doctor MyPa55word

should work.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

therock247uk wrote:/oper Doctor MyPa55word

should work.
Thanks for getting back so quickly.

That's what I have been using and I thought it was right but I still get that error message.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

if you have changed the host you will need to rehash the server. Since you dont have oper access login to your shell and type: ./unreal rehash

If you did not change your host, then restart your ircd. From your shell type: ./unreal restart.

You also need to insure you have edited the correct file before rehashing/restarting.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's still not working.

I've tried rehashing, restarting and even stopping and starting again and it still doesn't work.

I have also just noticed that although I have ircd.motd in the same directory, it says the motd file is missing.

I'm now thinking I've obviously screwed something up somewhere so I'm going to try re-installing and see what happens.

Thanks for your help with this, I appreciate it.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Also be sure to disable any scripts that might intercept the command or command output (as it seems you have some of them). 90% of the time when users type the correct login it's some kind of script blocking/modifying the command and result.

A couple things to try:
1. Check /stats o
2. Use /!oper Doctor MyPa55word (note the addition of a !, this forces mIRC to ignore any aliases in the script that may intercept the command. If you're not using mIRC, use /quote instead of /!oper)
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

if you have an ircd.motd file and is says it's missing, you may have the files you are editing in the wrong directory. Please reply with your OS and the path to unrealircd.conf