why wont remote includes work ?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Gemster

why wont remote includes work ?

Post by Gemster »

Hi,

i have libcurl4-openssl-dev installed, i have read http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=353

I have include "http://gemhosting.info/file.conf added to the config but for some reason when i rehash my server i get this:
[18:17] -Mystic.demonirc.net- *** Notice -- error: Couldn't open "http://gemhosting.info/file.conf": No such file or directory
-
[18:17] -Mystic.demonirc.net- *** Notice -- error: Could not load config file http://gemhosting.info/file.conf
-
-

Btw the file.conf is there , i have renamed it to file.conf just for this post.

what has gone wrong or am i missing something ?

Thanks
Gemster
katsklaw

Re: why wont remote includes work ?

Post by katsklaw »

You will get faster and more accurate help if you don't alter/fake your pastes.

Thanks
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

katsklaw wrote:You will get faster and more accurate help if you don't alter/fake your pastes.

Thanks
I have done this for security as its an oper.conf file

Thanks
Gemster
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Gemster wrote:
katsklaw wrote:You will get faster and more accurate help if you don't alter/fake your pastes.

Thanks
I have done this for security as its an oper.conf file

Thanks
Gemster

I understand that, but it's still impossible for use to help unless we can recreate the problem or test the settings. Try including something that doesn't have passwords in it like an allow block or a bogus oper block.
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

Hmm another problem now :/

I have installed curl-7.21.3 and c-ares-1.7.4 with no errors

Then i run ./Config and no problems then i do "make" then i get this:
Building src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src'
gcc -I../include -I/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -I/home/testse rv/Unreal3.2/extras/c-ares/include -L../extras/c-ares/lib -pipe -g -O2 -funsigne d-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -DZIP_LINKS -DUSE_LIBCURL -export -dynamic -lssl -lcrypto -o ircd timesynch.o res.o s_bsd.o auth.o aln.o channel .o cloak.o crule.o dbuf.o events.o fdlist.o hash.o help.o ircd.o ircsprintf.o li st.o lusers.o match.o modules.o packet.o parse.o s_auth.o s_conf.o s_debug.o s_e rr.o s_extra.o s_kline.o s_misc.o s_numeric.o s_serv.o s_svs.o socket.o ssl.o s _user.o charsys.o scache.o send.o support.o umodes.o version.o whowas.o zip.o ci dr.o random.o extcmodes.o extbans.o md5.o api-isupport.o api-command.o url.o -l crypt -lnsl -lz -ldl -L../extras/regexp/lib -ltre -lcares -lrt -lssl -lcrypto
ircd.o: In function `do_version_check':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/ircd.c:875: undefined reference to `curl_version'
ircd.o: In function `main':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/ircd.c:1408: undefined reference to `curl_version'
s_serv.o: In function `m_version':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/s_serv.c:203: undefined reference to `curl_version'
url.o: In function `url_do_transfers_async':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:302: undefined reference to `curl_multi_perfo rm'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:317: undefined reference to `curl_multi_fdset '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:333: undefined reference to `curl_multi_info_ read'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:341: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinf o'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:342: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinf o'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:343: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinf o'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:344: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinf o'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:372: undefined reference to `curl_multi_remov e_handle'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:377: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanu p'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:327: undefined reference to `curl_multi_perfo rm'
url.o: In function `set_curl_ssl_options':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:115: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:117: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:118: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:119: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:114: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
url.o: In function `url_init':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:221: undefined reference to `curl_global_init '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:222: undefined reference to `curl_multi_init'
url.o: In function `download_file_async':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:242: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:264: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:265: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:266: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:267: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:272: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
url.o:/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:273: more undefined references to `curl _easy_setopt' follow
url.o: In function `download_file':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:144: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:170: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:171: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:172: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:173: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:174: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt '
url.o:/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:175: more undefined references to `curl _easy_setopt' follow
url.o: In function `download_file':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:188: undefined reference to `curl_easy_perfor m'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:200: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinf o'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:201: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanu p'
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:209: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanu p'
url.o: In function `download_file_async':
/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src/url.c:289: undefined reference to `curl_multi_add_h andle'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ircd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src'
make: *** [build] Error 2
What has gone wrong ? unreal compiled fine befor i said "Yes" to remote includes, btw the dir posted after "./curlinstall" was /root/curl, dunno why its there when both curl-7.21.3 and c-ares-1.7.4 are in /home/testserv/

Thanks
Gemster
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

what user are logged in as to do this installation?

Do whoami in your shell as the same user you are installing as and paste the output here please.
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

katsklaw wrote:what user are logged in as to do this installation?

Do whoami in your shell as the same user you are installing as and paste the output here please.
[testserv@phoenix Unreal3.2]$ whoami
testserv
[testserv@phoenix Unreal3.2]$

also would it be best to move the curl dir from /root to /testserv ?

thanks
gemster
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

also if needed i can pm u the ssh info for u to try ?

its just a test server

Thanks
Gemster
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

All stages of installation for Unreal and all of it's components should be done as the same non-root user and in the same directory. ie /home/user

The word "root" should never appear anywhere in the process other than to say "dont do it as root".
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

katsklaw wrote:All stages of installation for Unreal and all of it's components should be done as the same non-root user and in the same directory. ie /home/user

The word "root" should never appear anywhere in the process other than to say "dont do it as root".
Well "./curlinstall" would not let me, permission denied so i hade to login as root and do "./curlinstall"

Im on redoing it all now, fresh install of unreal ect

Thanks
Gemster
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

OK just tryed it again as user "testserv"

[testserv@phoenix Unreal3.2]$ ./curlinstall /home/testserv/c-ares-1.7.4 /home/testserv/curl-7.21.3
Installing ares
./configure: line 2283: config.log: Permission denied
./configure: line 2293: config.log: Permission denied

Should libcurl be built with SSL support?
->

Thats what i get as a user

Thanks
Gemster
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Thats because as you already said you moved them from /root. This means you probably didnt fix the file/dir ownership and permissions.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

Jobe1986 wrote:Thats because as you already said you moved them from /root. This means you probably didnt fix the file/dir ownership and permissions.
Ya thanks, fixed that and now i get another error on "make"
/home/testserv/curl/lib/libcurl.a(easy.o): In function `curl_global_cleanup':
easy.c:(.text+0x76f): undefined reference to `ares_library_cleanup'
/home/testserv/curl/lib/libcurl.a(easy.o): In function `curl_global_init':
easy.c:(.text+0x7fe): undefined reference to `ares_library_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ircd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/testserv/Unreal3.2/src'
make: *** [build] Error 2
[testserv@phoenix Unreal3.2]$
Im really starting to hate remote includes and never even tryed them as its not letting me lol.

Thanks
Gemster
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

reply with all the steps you are doing and the username that you are doing it as.
Gemster

Post by Gemster »

katsklaw wrote:reply with all the steps you are doing and the username that you are doing it as.
ok just grabed from bash.history

username: testserv

wget http://c-ares.haxx.se/c-ares-1.7.4.tar.gz
wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.21.3.tar.gz
tar zxvf c-ares-1.7.4.tar.gz
tar zxvf curl-7.21.3.tar.gz
cd Unreal3.2
./curlinstall /home/testserv/c-ares-1.7.4 /home/testserv/curl-7.21.3
./Config
make

al goes correctly with no errors untill i do "make"

Thanks