Mac OS X install

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ChevronNine

Mac OS X install

Post by ChevronNine »

Ok, I am a newbie at installing software on a *nix box, I know just enough to cause problems...

Here's the deal... We have a copy of UnrealIRCd (beta 18) running on my Mac OS X Server box (10.3). It was installed by an older admin for a site that's now gone. Still runs great actually. I'm laaking at the new releases, and thought it might be nice to upgrade the IRCd, but I'm not sure of my ability to get her to compile under Mac OS X.

Are there any special steps to get Unreal to run under Darwon Unix on a PowerPC processor? Would anyone be willing to create a Mac OS X Installer for Unreal (which would be the only Mac OS X installer for an IRCd that I would have ever seen). Should I just cut my losses and run a Win32 version?

I would like to keep the IRCd on the Mac OS X box as so everything on the site is self contained... Makes it easier when I end up moving the network to the new optical carrier lines... I'm willing to learn, just need someone willing to hold my hand a bit.

Thanks everyone,

Benjamin
http://www.chevronnine.com
ChevronNine

Post by ChevronNine »

I take it all back... Really, I should have tried harder before posting.

After figuring out a very newbie mistake, it compiled and runs on my Mac OS X Server nicely. Running RC2 now without any issues as far as I can tell!

Thanks guys, sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

BJH