My provider does not accept IRC

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
neuroleptico

My provider does not accept IRC

Post by neuroleptico »

Hello!

I have 1 hosting 1&1 with 1 dedicated IP and SSH access. I tried to install UnrealIRCd but the firewall blocks all ports and socks. Is there any way to fix or trick?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: My provider does not accept IRC

Post by Jobe »

The only solution that will not result in your hosting account being suspended or worse cancelled is to change to a plan that DOES allow IRC, or find another host that does.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
neuroleptico

Post by neuroleptico »

Thank you very much for the reply.

1 & 1 does not specify that you can not put an IRC hosting. Perhaps you'd better find another one.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

neuroleptico wrote:Thank you very much for the reply.

1 & 1 does not specify that you can not put an IRC hosting. Perhaps you'd better find another one.
In any case, we do not condone the bypassing or circumventing of network policies,ToS's or firewalls to do something they clearly don't want on their network. You won't receive any help on the subject here. This issue is between you and 1&1.

Once you find a suitable host, we will be happy to help you with most any other types of issues.
neuroleptico

Post by neuroleptico »

Hi katsklaw:

Yes, I know. Anyway, I found an IRC server that ran through the port 80 and wanted to know if I could do the same or something similar.

Thanks
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

neuroleptico wrote:Hi katsklaw:

Yes, I know. Anyway, I found an IRC server that ran through the port 80 and wanted to know if I could do the same or something similar.

Thanks

Ports range from 1 through 65535, ports 1 through 1024 require root access. Any other port that is not in use may be used for IRC. It's best to not use commonly used port, especially ports that are known to be used by exploits.
neuroleptico

Post by neuroleptico »

I get this message always.

Code: Select all

[Wed Mar 16 01:43:28 2011] - TimeSync: WARNING: Was unable to send message to server #0...
[Wed Mar 16 01:43:28 2011] - TimeSync: WARNING: Was unable to send message to server #1...
[Wed Mar 16 01:43:28 2011] - TimeSync: WARNING: Was unable to send message to server #2...
[Wed Mar 16 01:43:28 2011] - TIME SYNCH: Unable to synchronize time: Timeout. This happens sometimes, no error on your part.
[Wed Mar 16 01:43:39 2011] - Error binding stream socket to IP XXX port XXX - XXX[]:Address already in use 
Thank you very much anyway, I'll find another hosting.