Problem linking with a hub, potentially timesync related

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ph1012

Problem linking with a hub, potentially timesync related

Post by ph1012 »

Apologies for the vague title.

Right, I've got unreal3.2.8 installed and configged on my ircd shell.
I was able to get the IRCD to run and operate functionally, after installing and configuring.
Then, after the owner of another network I'm trying to link with added me to the HUB's config, and played around with my IRCD's config i've been getting this error via ssh when I try and start unreal.
[ph1012@vps132 Unreal3.2]$ ./unreal start
Starting UnrealIRCd
_ _ _ ___________ _____ _
| | | | | |_ _| ___ \/ __ \ | |
| | | |_ __ _ __ ___ __ _| | | | | |_/ /| / \/ __| |
| | | | '_ \| '__/ _ \/ _` | | | | | / | | / _` |
| |_| | | | | | | __/ (_| | |_| |_| |\ \ | \__/\ (_| |
\___/|_| |_|_| \___|\__,_|_|\___/\_| \_| \____/\__,_|
v3.2.8.1
using TRE 0.7.5 (LGPL)

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:10: loadmodule src/modules/m_dnsbl.so: failed to load: Cannot open module file: No such file or directory
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load
Possible error encountered (IRCd seemingly not started)
=====================================================
Check above for possible errors, and this output of
ircd.log. If you cannot solve the problem, read
Unreal.nfo on where to get support
=====================================================
[Mon Apr 4 21:15:20 2011] - TIME SYNCH: timeserver=1301937184, our=1301937320, offset = -136 [old offset: 0]

[Mon Apr 4 21:13:34 2011] - Connect - [email protected] [VHOST C26BB4FF.B92433FE.ED3AA64C.IP]
[Mon Apr 4 21:13:40 2011] - Disconnect - (0:0:6) [email protected] [VHOST C26BB4FF.B92433FE.ED3AA64C.IP]
[Mon Apr 4 21:15:31 2011] - Connect - [email protected] [VHOST C26BB4FF.B92433FE.ED3AA64C.IP]
Any ideas? The m_dnsbl.so file it's referring to in src/modules is a plugin for anope the hub is running, but another link with the exact same config as mine (except with different IPs and such) was able to connect without this file on their ircd.. so we don't think this is the cause of the error.

The timesync issues were also not present for the other links, with pretty much the exact same config.

Any ideas?

Thanks, and sorry for any vagueness/stupidity on my part.
katsklaw

Re: Problem linking with a hub, potentially timesync related

Post by katsklaw »

The timesync issue isn't related to configuration, it's to do with the time difference or TS Offset between 1 server and another. with a -136 that means that one server is 2 minutes and 16 seconds off from the other. Enabling set::timesync should fix that issue.

Secondly, the lastest version is 3.2.8.1, you should upgrade.

All that said, the ircd will not start until it sees that module. Comment out that line in the unrealircd.conf file then start Unreal. You may want to re-compile the module.
ph1012

Post by ph1012 »

katsklaw wrote:Enabling set::timesync should fix that issue.
So, do this in my links' config?
set {
timesyn irc.server.goeshere 136
}
};

That's probably wrong, but I'm honestly not sure how to go about that, I can't see it anywhere in the config by default. If you/someone else could provide the correct syntax that'd be great.
Secondly, the lastest version is 3.2.8.1, you should upgrade.
My link is on 3.2.8.1, based on the timesync issue do you think the hub might be on 3.2.7?
edit: link and hub are both on 3.2.8. Dunno where you got the 3.2.7 from.
All that said, the ircd will not start until it sees that module. Comment out that line in the unrealircd.conf file then start Unreal. You may want to re-compile the module.
I'll try that. By recompile the module do you mean on the hub end? Please keep in mind I am only running the link if so.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for any ignorance on my part.
hacktor

Post by hacktor »

hello, i have a problem. But i dont know if its a unrealircd problem, or my bnc problem, or my mirc problem, or computer:( but when i log into my bnc, it shows false count off ppl in some channels, for example it shows 50 ppl, but in fact its 30 ppl there. Even when i connect from j-mirc to my bnc i can see the same problem:(
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

hacktor wrote:hello, i have a problem. But i dont know if its a unrealircd problem, or my bnc problem, or my mirc problem, or computer:( but when i log into my bnc, it shows false count off ppl in some channels, for example it shows 50 ppl, but in fact its 30 ppl there. Even when i connect from j-mirc to my bnc i can see the same problem:(
So in your infinite wisdom you though an issue that you wasn't sure if it even was to do with Unreal was in some mysterious way anything to do with not being able to link one server to another due to tmesync errors?

In future start your own threads...
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image