Password protecting channel

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ingy

Password protecting channel

Post by ingy »

Hi,

I tried to dig all over the configs but could not find it it is possible to password protect a channel so making it private.

Thanks,

Ingy
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Password protecting channel

Post by Stealth »

You would need to use the +k channel mode and keep someone or something in the channel all the time.

From the docs:
k <key>
Sets a key needed to join
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hi, i had installed Unreal 3.2.9 over Debian and everything works fine...but i want to stablish passwords but when the unreal daemon starts and with noneone logged into the channel. something like a default password for a channel. In short i need to define a password for a channel in the configuration file if its possible. I need to know if is possible to do it with Unreal, because i 've read that modes-on-join <+modes> doesn't works with +k...
thanks in advance :(
Pablo
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

you cannot lock modes on empty channels with any version of Unreal. The way IRC works (and always worked) is that once the last person leaves the channel it is "destroyed". That means all data for that channel, modes, topic .. etc are erased. You *can* do a work around with some services or with a client bot like Eggdrop and have it stay in channel to enforce channel modes.