Web client gets disconnected after 30sec. if no activity occ

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
prat0318

Web client gets disconnected after 30sec. if no activity occ

Post by prat0318 »

It is quite strange, what i am getting. I have a web irc client written in php and a hanging comet iframe connection in webpage for displaying the messages.
The connection works fine at my system, but i have made website for a college which have a proxy and firewall. Now, if no activity occurs on the channel, clients opened in the clg get disconnected in sharp 30secs. I tried the following but to no avail:
1) decrease the pingfreq to 25sec in unreal conf
2) send dummy ajax request from client side at regulat 25 secs to check whether timeout is occuring from client side, but it isnt, it seems.
3) send ctcp ping from client to bot at 25 secs interval, but then too, it gets d/c in 30secs

But if some one writes on channel, or privmsg the person at 25sec interval, then connection remains open.
So i am wondering why (most probably) unreal ircd is disconnected such client after 30secs. :cry:

PS. you can check it on www.gurukools.com , selecting a dropdown and chosing guest.
Please help.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Web client gets disconnected after 30sec. if no activity

Post by Syzop »

While this does not explain your 'but..', but are you sure you are not hitting the php maximum execution time ?
Or if it's only with his proxy, well, then maybe his proxy has some kind of maximum load time or maximum keep alive /idle time? I don't know.

Anyway, regardless of above: wouldn't it be easy to figure out for you wether UnrealIRCd 'hang up' or the web client? Since both situations are totally different...
eg: simply write to some log file if UnrealIRCd terminated the connection (failing fgets.. stream_... well, whatever you use), and see if that message gets logged. If not, then it's the browser/proxy/whatever that terminated the connection, and not unreal.

9 against 10 this has nothing to do with Unreal ;)
prat0318

Re: Web client gets disconnected after 30sec. if no activity

Post by prat0318 »

Yup Syzop, you were totally right. It was not related to IRCD, but the connection between php server and ajax was getting timed out.
I should have known that before, but got confused due to IRCd also closing the connection.

Anways thanks all for your time :)