Character Limit on server or channel..?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Sakurachan

Character Limit on server or channel..?

Post by Sakurachan »

Hi there,

A user on my server has reported there is supposedly a character limit. I've tried posting a bunch of text in that same channel, and did not have any issue. I'm unsure on if this is something to do with their IRC client, or an UnrealIRCD thing.

They are not getting any message saying anything about a character limit has exceeded.

It has been reported they use IceChat, and not mIRC also.
katsklaw

Re: Character Limit on server or channel..?

Post by katsklaw »

There are several ways to limit the amount of text a user can send/receive.

There is sendQ/recvQ (class block/Y:Line) as well as anti-flood control like chanmode +f. Click the "configuration" link in my signature and read up on each of them.
Sakurachan

Post by Sakurachan »

katsklaw wrote:There are several ways to limit the amount of text a user can send/receive.

There is sendQ/recvQ (class block/Y:Line) as well as anti-flood control like chanmode +f. Click the "configuration" link in my signature and read up on each of them.
That's weird then.. I didn't know there was such a thing as a character limit, and it does not seem to happen to me on mIRC.

The reason why they post a lot is due to my niche of choice for the server, and more text is needed for that purpose. Will this allow me to edit the character limit?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I say again, click on the configuration link in my signature and read about sendq/recvq and channel mode +f. The link will not only explain what limits can be set but how to set them.