Oper Block Issues

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Dingo

Oper Block Issues

Post by Dingo »

I recently installed and configured Unreal 3.2.9 without any problems. I just configured the oper block and started encountering issues with utilising the operator commands. I'm no longer able to manage the modes in any channels I enter. I can't kick, ban, set topics, or adjust modes in a channel but I am able to use the /sajoin, sapart, /shun, etc. commands. However, the only time I can utilise the said commands I'm having problems with, is when I create a channel. Which seems to defeat the purpose of having an IRC operator.

Every time I try to perform a kick or mode in a channel I keep getting "You're not channel operator."

Below is an example of my current oper block.

Code: Select all

};
oper ircadmin {
            class            clients;
            from {
                        userhost *@*;
            };
            password "(removed)";
            flags
            {
                        netadmin;
                        can_zline;
                        can_gzline;
                        can_gkline;
                        global;
};
I originally had extra flags set and Anope running with Unreal, but disabled them to try and sort out the problem. I also did a fresh install and configuration of Unreal and still getting the same problem.

Any help in what I'm doing wrong would be highly appreciated.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Oper Block Issues

Post by Stealth »

You cannot run free on your server because your oper block does not permit. Please read the documentation for the required flags.

ALSO: opers are not gods. You should not kick, ban, change modes and topics and access on channels that are not yours. Doing so scares away users and I feel sorry for whatever users (if you have any) that are stupid enough to stay.

Please, grow up and run your server right if you want to run one: www.x-tab.org/readme.htm
warg

Re: Oper Block Issues

Post by warg »

You're also missing }; in your flags clause.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." — Ralph Waldo Emerson