Help Please, config problem

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
TestForMe

Help Please, config problem

Post by TestForMe »

Basically I need help with this

> Server: Notice -- error: set::kline-address is missing
> Server: Notice -- error: set::maxchannelsperuser is missing

I get about 13 of those.

There was two servers that were used but now that server is offline and will not be coming back up and we just used that config. So how do I get that stuff on there or set it myself?

I'm running Unreal3.2.9
cards

Re: Help Please, config problem

Post by cards »

Seems like you have 1 of 2 problems. Either you do not have a set block in you unrealircd.conf (or an included config), or you failed to close a block in your config, thus eliminating the set block. Try a fresh copy from example.conf

http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... l#setblock

***Additional information requested***
By saying you just used the other servers configs, do you mean you used curl to load the files?
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com
TestForMe

Post by TestForMe »

I have pretty much... No I have nothing in the unrealircd.conf file now pretty much, there was some things in it that had include in it and some info about the old server that ran everything off of.
cards

Post by cards »

Then I would recommend a full reconfig. Copy example.conf from the "doc" directory under the main folder and start from scratch. rename it unrealircd.conf and get it up and running independantly
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com
TestForMe

Post by TestForMe »

Eh, this might be dumb but we only set my server (the irc) for fun so I know some. If I reconfig won't it erase the settings I have already and kill the irc server that people are on?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

TestForMe wrote:Eh, this might be dumb but we only set my server (the irc) for fun so I know some. If I reconfig won't it erase the settings I have already and kill the irc server that people are on?
Not if you make a correct and complete config file. When you are finished do a /rehash to load the new config file. If you don't fix this before the next time the box reboots or your ircd is kill'ed, then you wont have an ircd for your users to (re)connect to because the ircd will fail to restart.