need help installing unrealircd

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
blcksys

need help installing unrealircd

Post by blcksys »

Hello,

i got some problems installing unrealircd, and i just realized i can't manage to install it without support.

is anyone free and able to help me out installing it if i'll give you teamviewer access?

i need to install it on windows server 2003 ..

tried some many times and failed all, also i need some help with install services..

i'll leave email: [email protected]

thanks so much..
cards

Re: need help installing unrealircd

Post by cards »

Most people use *nix servers. I have no idea about windows version, especially on Server 2K3. Can you give us an idea of what is happending when you try to install it as a service?
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com
blcksys

Post by blcksys »

ok. i can get unreal working, then i got problems with nickserv, chanserv etc etc service.

i'll try install ircservices 5.1 then doesnt connect to unreal, then i'll try install anope, same problem, doesnt connect with unreal.

i'll tried all irc services exiting on the world, and no one can even connect to unreal.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

since none connect in your view, then in our view your configuration is wrong. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of nets using the services you mentioned and they work very well.

Please remember a couple things about this forum:

1> We will HELP you, but not do it FOR you.
2> Specific questions spawn specific answers.

That said, we need more info than "it doesn't work". Reply with errors, logs etc. Ask a specific question, get a specific answer. I highly suggest giving this a read: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html It not only applies to this topic, but asking technical questions in general.

thanks.