Unremovable gline

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
peeer

Unremovable gline

Post by peeer »

Hi,

The other day I was looking up the gline list on a network I oper at and I came accross a weird gline that was set a long time ago. Its got 3 @'s in it I'm asking myself how it could even been set in the first place. I have been trying to remove it in all different kind of ways with other opers and no success, when we try to remove it we get nothing not even an error return. In the gline reason I see it was set by services2 so I don't know if that may have any links with this issue. They use a service called Collaborated, its used to manage drones and stuff like that and opers can manually set a gline using these services. We even tried to remove it with that service and this is what it replies: "-OperServ2- The character '@' is not allowed in your hostmask."

This is the gline in question:
*@drmons0501@*@drmons0501w-142177075232.pppoe-dynamic.ns.aliant.net
Is there any other special ways (in case a bug like this happens) to get glines removed other than shuting down all leafs and hubs on a network that big? Hopefully someone can come with a solution.

I been googling/searching for this issue for a few days and I found nothing so I'm sorry if this has already been covered in the forum before cause I haven't found anything anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Unremovable gline

Post by Stealth »

Unreal will accept anything from another server. The best thing would probably be to set the G:Line in OperServ as an akill and then remove it.

No harm would come from leaving it, as nothing will ever match it.
peeer

Re: Unremovable gline

Post by peeer »

Hi,

Sorry for reply delay, I have tried what you recommanded me to set the gline as an akill with Anope and it does set a G:Line. Tho when I remove the akill it only seem to remove the G:Line that OperServ has set and not the one I try to remove.

Whats even more intriguishing is that I can even manually set the same gline and remove it directly without using OperServ. It almost sounds like if we are missing something in the host we try to remove, something invisible like maybe a ctrl control code I don't know.

But yeah like you said no harm would come from it as it will never match something to ban. It was more esthetical, like to have the gline list completely clean that I was looking to remove it.

Thanks for reply! It made me progress in finding that it could be something invisible in the host I try to ungline.