How Do I Use UnrealIRCd On My Website?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Kleptopia

How Do I Use UnrealIRCd On My Website?

Post by Kleptopia »

Right so everythings sorted but one last thing, how do i put UnrealIRCd onto my website? I was looking at LightIRCd and tried to install it but on the client it just comes up that i need to install a policy daemon but i already did and configured it too, any ideas or suggestions???
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: How Do I Use UnrealIRCd On My Website?

Post by Stealth »

You need to make sure you set up the policy daemon properly and read all the documentation for LightIRC. It'll take a few tries to fully understand how LightIRC works with policy daemons.

There are other options for adding an IRC portal to your website, I have a few listed on my Resources Page: http://unreal.x-tab.org/resources
Kleptopia

Post by Kleptopia »

Thank's, I'm currently using PJIRC but I want to use LightIRC, I've tried to download and configure the policy daemon but it still comes up "Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/li ... structions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.kleptopians.x10.mx (port 843)".
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

When I try connect to irc.kleptopians.x10.mx on port 843 I'm not getting a response at all. If this server is hosted on a shell you need to have access to open port 843 (or have a firewall forward it to a different port). If the server is hosted on your own network you need to forward it through your router.
Kleptopia

Post by Kleptopia »

Okay, I will forward the port. :) Thank's your a great help. (I've done it now I get this "Error Error #2031), any ideas??
Kleptopia

Post by Kleptopia »

I've fixed it lol, I didn't even have the server running lol. Thanks alot UnrealIRCd is the best service on the internet! Keep up the good work :)