set::dns::nameserver is missing

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
DesertCrumpet

set::dns::nameserver is missing

Post by DesertCrumpet »

When trying to start unrealirc I am getting the following error:

Code: Select all

[root@asdf fatalz]# ./unreal start
|__________________________________________________|

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
[error] set::dns::nameserver is missing
[error] set::dns::timeout is missing
[error] set::dns::retries is missing
[error] 3 errors encountered
[error] IRCd configuration failed to pass testing
Possible error encountered (IRCd seemily not started)
=====================================================
Check above for possible errors, and this output of
ircd.log. If you cannot solve the problem, read
Unreal.nfo on where to get support
=====================================================
[Mon Dec 14 21:39:16 2009] - TIME SYNCH: timeserver=1260826756, our=1260826756, offset = 0 [old offset: 0]
I have no idea how to fix this, I've tried lots of different configs, edited mine a lot but still no luck. Could someone please help?

Regards,
DesertCrumpet
katsklaw

Re: set::dns::nameserver is missing

Post by katsklaw »

No, we will not help. Your version is modified thus no support will be received.
DesertCrumpet

Post by DesertCrumpet »

katsklaw wrote:No, we will not help. Your version is modified thus no support will be received.
Very ******* of you, yous don't support mods for unrealircd? Most companies enjoy their software having mods made for, increases popularity.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

It is impossible to know what has been modified and we are not interested in downloading all 184758372 copies of Unreal from those that have modified it. Mostly by ignorant people that simply change the version string and claim they coded. That's not even mentioning the fact that we didn't modify it, why in the 9hells would we care to support other people crappy edits?!

You will find nearly all IRC projects have the same stance.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

DesertCrumpet wrote:Very ******* of you, yous don't support mods for unrealircd? Most companies enjoy their software having mods made for, increases popularity.
1. We are not a company, rather an online community based on the development of UnrealIRCd, a free and open source IRC server. We support what is the official release of UnrealIRCd and none other than the current version of UnrealIRCd.
2. Go "mod" some commercial software and see how willing they are to support you. I'm sure they'll love that. (experience: I'm a field application engineer and software support for a commercial company)

I can't tell if your Unreal is very old, or just a broken current version. We have not used set::dns settings since like 3.2.5 (guessing) because DNS settings were never really used by the daemon.

Either way, your version has modifications that have either re-added DNS support, or just a patched old version with just the desired changes added from the current source tree. We do not know and cannot take the time to know what has been added or changed in your server to know what is there and what is wrong.

http://vulnscan.org/faq#40