BOPM

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Psadi

BOPM

Post by Psadi »

I have used BOPM before on a diffrent IRCd but when I was to set it up on Unrealircd I read that I had to change things in the code since UnrealIrcd doesnt show the IP but just the hostmask. I looked at BOPMs page on how to change it but it looks like they are out of date with your code.

Im wondering if there is a more updated version on how to get BOPM to work with Unreal and if there is a way without modifying the code.

Thanks
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I don't know how it worked in latter versions of BOPM, but currently some parts of the BOPM documentation belonging to UnrealIRCd are very old, there's no need to change anything in the UnrealIRCd code. What you only have to do to have IPs shown is:

IRC {
  • mode = "+s +c";
    perform = "PROTOCTL HCN";
};

Of course the mode setting (+s +c) can also be done with the oper::snomask directive.

Oh, and if you find problems in choosing the correct connregex, the documentation (bopm.conf.sample) describes it well:
/* Hybrid / Bahamut / Unreal (in HCN mode) */
connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";
Psadi

Post by Psadi »

Thanks for that info

Now where do I put this directiv?
IRC {
mode = "+s +c";
perform = "PROTOCTL HCN";
};

you said to include this but if I try to add that I just get an error when I rehash. So if you could point me to the coorect file and/or block where to include it I would be very gratefull

Psadi
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Oh, sorry (me stupid). What I wrote here is a config part from bopm.conf, which has nothing to do with UnrealIRCd. It's the BOPM configuration file. And don't simply include them, you will see that bopm.conf already contains these directives, you only have to edit them in the file.