When a user is first to join, they are oper

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
x86cam

When a user is first to join, they are oper

Post by x86cam »

After configuration(barely know anything about configurating Unreal, had a hard time configurating), I noticed that whenever someone joins when there is nobody on, they automatically get +o. (oper)

I want this to stop, and have only me as oper.

Here is my oper block:

oper x86cam {
class clients;
from {
userhost *@x.x.x.x; //CENSORED
userhost *@x.x.x.x; //CENSORED
};
password "********"; //CENSORED
flags
{
admin;
can_zline;
can_gzline;
can_gkline;
can_restart;
global;
};
};

Can anyone help me?
Oh, by the way, how do I set the console (commands) to go to a specific channel?
katsklaw

Re: When a user is first to join, they are oper

Post by katsklaw »

I think you are confusing umode +o (ircop) with channel mode +o (chanop). The former is not possible with unreal with a module so you must mean chanop. This is the normal IRC setting, the first to join a channel controls it unless it is registered with services (not included with unreal and a completely separate program). The default setting can be changed with set::mode-on-join. Read about it into the configuration link in my signature.

Oper status can only be obtained by users that have a matching oper block and then only after the successfully issue the /oper command regardless of when the connected.

Logging ircd commands to channel doesn't happen either without a module. To see commands you need to reqd about snomasks, also on the configuration link in my signature.
x86cam

Post by x86cam »

katsklaw wrote:I think you are confusing umode +o (ircop) with channel mode +o (chanop). The former is not possible with unreal with a module so you must mean chanop. This is the normal IRC setting, the first to join a channel controls it unless it is registered with services (not included with unreal and a completely separate program). The default setting can be changed with set::mode-on-join. Read about it into the configuration link in my signature.

Oper status can only be obtained by users that have a matching oper block and then only after the successfully issue the /oper command regardless of when the connected.

Logging ircd commands to channel doesn't happen either without a module. To see commands you need to reqd about snomasks, also on the configuration link in my signature.
Where do I put the set::modes-on-join and in what format?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Read and become enlightened: http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... l#setblock

Also, sorry, it's set::level-on-join, not mode-on-join.
x86cam

Post by x86cam »

katsklaw wrote:Read and become enlightened: http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... l#setblock

Also, sorry, it's set::level-on-join, not mode-on-join.
Okay, now how do I get the @ in front of my name when I put /oper user pass ?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

The @ denotes CHANNEL operator, not IRC operator.

It is apparent you know nothing about IRC. Please stop trying install/run a server until you know the basics.
x86cam

Post by x86cam »

katsklaw wrote:The @ denotes CHANNEL operator, not IRC operator.

It is apparent you know nothing about IRC. Please stop trying install/run a server until you know the basics.
Hey! I run a web server, radio server, game server, and IRC server 24/7. The IRC was the hardest to configure for me. I was confused.

I still would like to know how I can set that every time someone gets upgraded to oper.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

You are still confused. The 2 are not related, if you knew anything about IRC you would know that.

IRCop is NOT a ChanOp, they are completely different. Chanops (@ on their nick) manages channels, IRCops manage IRC servers. You can't get a @ simply because you are an IRCop, IRC doesn't work that way, nor should it. If you want @ all the time I suggest you use a services package then register your channel with ChanServ. However, you will still only have @ in your registered channels only. Atheme and Anope are the 2 most popular ones.

This forums purpose it to help you install, configure and trouble shoot the UnrealIRCd IRC daemon, not teach you the basics of IRC.