Unreal does not connect to the server

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
gohanssj

Unreal does not connect to the server

Post by gohanssj »

Google Translate:

Hello, I just took a IRCd shell with 2 static ip and the first Ip I installed UnrealIRCd, Anope, NeoStats, BNC and Eggdrop so everything is ok. The second IP I installed UnrealIRCd only so that you can link to the first, it starts and does not connect to the first server, then I go to see the log and see that it gives me a strange error that I can not solve. The 2 IP are on 2 different machines.

Code: Select all

[Mon Sep  2 15:33:40 2013] - UnrealIRCd started.
[Mon Sep  2 15:33:40 2013] - TIME SYNCH: Unable to synchronize time: invalid timeserver IP 'time.xs4all.nl'. This means UnrealIRCd was unable to synchronize the IRCd clock to a known good time source. As long as the server owner keeps the server clock synchronized through NTP, everything will be fine.
Is there anyone who can give me a gentle hand?
cards

Re: Unreal does not connect to the server

Post by cards »

That error means that the time server in the Unrealircd.conf cannot be reached by the machine. Chances are the Shell host has NTP enabled and this is just a warning and can be ignored. As for the linking problem, that's a whole different issue. If there are no errors in linking, then that means they are not even trying to connect.
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com