Capturing Private Messages (with Disclaimer)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Capturing Private Messages (with Disclaimer)

Post by 8675309 »

I have a simple question and I do not need any great detail at this time as I am in the development stage of a political commentary website where I wish to have a number of different areas of discussion and one would include firearms.

From an incident in the past where having the ability to have a log of private messages would have been helpful, I am looking for a program to do so. So I would like to know if it is possible for private messages to be logged and viewed if necessary? I have no intention of spying on individuals as I will place it in the Terms of Agreement for joining the chat. I do not have the time or desire. I am hoping that bringing it to the attention of what I hope to be a somewhat active chat room, will not have any questionable individuals using it for any reasons where I would be facilitating any wrong doing. I realize that I could just not make it available, but sometimes people do like to hold part of a discussion in private.

Also, can certain "hot words" be placed inside so if two individuals are having a questionable discussion, the messages could be flagged?

Thanks in advance
katsklaw

Re: Capturing Private Messages (with Disclaimer)

Post by katsklaw »

Private conversations are just that ... private as you yourself just mentioned. Yes everything you asked for is possible. NO we will not help you do it or discuss it.

The scope of this forum is to assist with the installation and configuration of Unreal IRCd and supported modules. The support of 3rd party modules also occasionally takes place but we explicitly exclude any and all module(s) that may be deemed unethical, such as spying or PRIVATE message logging. We also will not discuss and will delete and/or ban users at our prerogative, users that discuss such topics including the infamous +I spy module.

If you have a legitimate use for such a module such as a closed, private and corporate hosted IRCd used for live, business related meetings then you should ask one of the coders/devs about it but public conversations relating to the development and/or usage of the modules is strictly forbidden. Please see the FAQ: http://www.unrealircd.com/faq.php#21 to be exact for more details.

thanks

Re: Capturing Private Messages (with Disclaimer)

Post by 8675309 »

Thank you for the reply.