CA Cert installation

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Dax

CA Cert installation

Post by Dax »

I'm trying to install a CA Certificate (PositiveSSL issued by Comodo), but it is not verifying when trying to connect. Here are the exact steps I took:

Generated the CSR and key file on my server.
Pasted CSR into the text box thingy.
Verified the email address, then copied the text version of the cert.
Created the file server.cert.pem in my Unreal directory and pasted the cert I got in the email.
Copied the aforementioned key file to Unreal directory, and renamed it as server.key.pem.
Tried to connect via irssi (using -ssl and -ssl_verify), and got the following message:

Code: Select all

21:49 -!- Irssi: Connecting to irc.this-is-my-domain.org [this.is.my.ip] port 6697
21:49 -!- Irssi: warning Could not verify SSL servers certificate: unable to get local issuer certificate
21:49 -!- Irssi: warning   Subject : /OU=Domain Control Validated/OU=PositiveSSL/CN=this-is-my-domain.org
21:49 -!- Irssi: warning   Issuer  : /C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
21:49 -!- Irssi: warning   MD5 Fingerprint : EA:71:5D:C4:90:B6:67:8F:3F:A1:50:61:67:89:C8:04
21:49 -!- Irssi: Connection lost to irc.this-is-my-domain.org
Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I received several certs in the email address in a .zip file - was I supposed to use one or all of these?