Bots

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ureale

Bots

Post by ureale »

Hello,
I installed unrealircd and after install iam not able to connect irc bots from the same server with lua script (game server script) and it's not even making a connection attempt but when i try to make the bot connect from enter machine they sucessfully connect to the unrealircd server and also iam using anope services and i don't think there is something wrong with the anope or any kind so i want to know is it by default that unrealirc will not allow to connect from same machine (bots) or any config error so please help me in this issue also i want to mention that i tried connecting to some other irc server (like mibbit host) and it is also unsucessfull but before installing unrealirc i was able to connect at mibbit server so please help to solve this issue.
katsklaw

Re: Bots

Post by katsklaw »

if client 1 can connect to ip and port, then all clients can as far as the irc server is concerned.

If you have client1 for example connecting on 1.2.3.4 port 567 but client2 can't, then it's not a problem with the irc server. it's a problem somewhere between client 2 and the irc server. the ircd doesn't know the difference between client1 and client2 at the socket level.

You also stated that it's not even making an attempt, further evidence that this isn't an Unreal IRCd issue.
MightyWings

Re: Bots

Post by MightyWings »

If you're trying to connect via 127.0.0.1, you'll need to make sure that you have a listen block for 127.0.0.1:6667 or *:6667 (I'd recommend explicity setting the IP addresses)
MightyWings