UnrealIRCD Need Help Please

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

Mike555

UnrealIRCD Need Help Please

Post by Mike555 »

Hello Friends;
I'm not sure if this the right place to ask for help but since it concerns UnrealIRCD, I think won't any harm asking for help in this section.

UnrealIRCD 5.0.8 Anope-2.0.9 Eggdrop-1.8.4

PROBLEM: None of the bot is working, bots joined the channel, I messaged them hello every thing is working But Bots are not kicking, banning or voicing etc.. I logged in as a nick tester from different system with different IP and said really bad words to test the bots but nothing happened. Bot is set to kick a person who say bad words . And Then I tried to kick the tester, nothing, I mean I as a IRCOP can't kick a none registered user, Bots are not working.

Please Please help. What am I doing wrong I must be doing really wrong, so none of the bot works. Do I need to set the channel mode? I'm a newbie
Please help.
I would highly appreciate your help.
Thanks
Lord255

Re: UnrealIRCD Need Help Please

Post by Lord255 »

hello mike.
i am not sure what you really want on an unrealircd forum.
does your question belongs to unrealircd? no? no.
you should learn where to ask your question - right now this is not the proper places.

(and i am not sure if it should be eggdrop or services, because you didnt mention what kind of bot should kick who.. cuz anope has a feature which is called botserv and for eggdrop you need to download a tcl script to have that badword kicking feature, but you didnt mention which one you trying to do.. so.. whenever you reach the right place for this question, be prepared to say more.)

good luck.
Mike555

Post by Mike555 »

Lord255;
Thanks for your response, sorry if this is not the proper place to ask for a help.
And answer to your questions. Yes the badword.tcl is bot's scripts directory and directive is set in bot's conf file

Example: source scripts/badword.tcl
I mean I can't even kick a user as a IRcop.

Please guide and hlep

Thanks
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

Mike, no, sorry, but i actually told you the solution for your "i cannot kick ppl as an oper" problem..
you are not listening at all or i'm not sure what are you trying to do or achieve here.

once again:
https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/User_%26_Oper_commands
here you can learn about the commands.

here you can read about oper classes:
https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Operclass_block
this will help you to get the right to kick whenever you want. everything is in the docs.

about your eggdrop and tcl problems: this is not the right place to ask these question. (you probably didnt configure it well, or you just missing something. no mater which is true (or maybe both) - this is not the right place to ask this. :)
Mike555

Post by Mike555 »

Lord255;
Thank you for your help and providing me the info.
Thanks mate.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

For help with eggdrop and such you are better of on an eggdrop forum.

As for your can't kick even if IRCOp issue:
FAQ: I can't change channel modes, join invite only channels, etc even though I am IRCOp!!

And I really recommend reading the IRCOp guide: This is a guide for everyone who has their IRC server up and running and now needs to understand how to do server administration. In other words: how to perform IRCOp tasks.