libssl.so.1.0.0

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

suffolk

libssl.so.1.0.0

Post by suffolk »

Hi
my old 3.2 was moved to new vps few days ago now wont work
so i tried to install latest 4.0
but having trouble with this file

Starting UnrealIRCd
/usr/bin/unrealircd/unrealircd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

looked everywhere but i cannot find it
centos 5.1.1

seems only problem i have

regards john
suffolk

Re: libssl.so.1.0.0

Post by suffolk »

Hi
i cleared all directorys out
and started a fresh
installed libssl.so.1.0.0 and did unrealircd 4 install and added conf i made and started it
this was my reply

[root@suffolk unrealircd-4.0.0]# ./unrealircd start
Starting UnrealIRCd
/root/unrealircd/bin/unrealircd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so im rather lost now

john
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

I have now given up for the time being been using unreal for many years,
as i cannot install v4 to work or any lower version my broswer will not allow it either
so my ircd is missing

sad day for me

john
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

For some reason I missed your message, seems the 'new messages' functionality of this forum is not working as it should.

I haven't heard before about this problem. When you say you installed "libssl.so.1.0.0" you are not just copying that file right? You shouldn't do that. Just checking :D
Anyway, you'd need to install the openssl library and the openssl development package.
These two packages are called openssl and openssl-devel on CentOS, so run this as root:

Code: Select all

yum install openssl openssl-devel
And then re-compile your UnrealIRCd:

Code: Select all

cd ~/unrealircd-4.0.1
make clean; ./Config -quick && make && make install
If that didn't fix your problem then please create a bug report at bugs.unrealircd.org. When submitting a bug report the developers are immediately notified of the bug by e-mail. They may ask for details and will try to resolve your issue.

Actually, if the above did fix your problem, then let us know too, so we can look into getting our users a better error message.