help with copy config?

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

bootkiller

help with copy config?

Post by bootkiller »

Copy conf/example/example.conf to your conf/ directory and rename it to unrealircd.conf

ok guys so im all the way up to the last step. so im a little lost on what im doing here on this.. so im not understanding this step.. bare with me. please help

Change to the installed UnrealIRCd directory, this is /home/yourusername/unrealircd by default (For more information on the directory structure see UnrealIRCd files and directories).

cd ~/unrealircd

Copy conf/example/example.conf to your conf/ directory and rename it to unrealircd.conf

syzop@vulnscan:~/unrealircd$ cp conf/examples/example.conf conf/unrealircd.conf

Open the file with an editor (eg: nano conf/unrealircd.conf)
Read the Configuration file syntax article. It will only take a few minutes and will save you a lot of trouble in next step(s)!
Walk through the unrealircd.conf block by block / line by line and edit the settings to suit your needs. This takes 10 - 20 minutes.
Boot UnrealIRCd by running ./unrealircd start from your ~/unrealircd directory.
Errors? Edit your unrealircd.conf, fix them (see the FAQ for common problems), and try starting UnrealIRCd again.
Up and running? Connect with an IRC client to your server and have fun. See next section too.
dboyz

Re: help with copy config?

Post by dboyz »

It means you copy blah/unrealircd/conf/example/example.conf to /blah/unrealircd/conf/unrealircd.conf

Or was it something else that you do not understand?
Lockett

Re: help with copy config?

Post by Lockett »

I had issues understanding this at first to. I recommend using WInscp to do this. So navigate to x/unrealircd/conf/examples/ then select the example.conf and duplicate it to x/unrealircd/conf/unrealircd.conf

Then go through unrealircd.conf and configure it as needed.