Need help having Irc Chat Room

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

Mike05

Need help having Irc Chat Room

Post by Mike05 »

Hello
I want to have Irc chat room, with unreal irc server installed and mibit chat widget to create chat room.
Please direct me what do I need.
1- Do I need VPS
2- Unreal Server Installed
3- WordPress installed
4- Mibit chat widget installed
5- Domain name , Url letschatroom.com ..etc
Or what else do I need to have Irc Chat Room with mibit widget..
Please help and direct me to less expensive VPS or all in one service.
Your help is much appreciated .
Thanks so much.
CrazyCat

Re: Need help having Irc Chat Room

Post by CrazyCat »

If you want just a chatroom, you can create it directly using Mibbit and connecting to an existing network. You'll have to register yourself on the network, create the channel (simply join a non-existant channel) and register it.
Then, create a mibbit widget with the good datas and it'll work.
Mike05

Post by Mike05 »

Thank you for your response, But I want to have my own VPS Server with Unreal Irc server installed and mibit chat widget and with domain name and hosting.

Please help.
Thanks
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

Please stop flooding the forum, learn to be patient.
There's no best choice for your VPS, it depends on your country and how much you're able to pay.
There are a few things you have to check:
- the OS must be linux (debian is the one I prefer, you can choose a derivated one like Ubuntu if you want a graphical interface too),
- the VPS must have enough space (100Gb is, imho, the minimum)
- At least 4Gb RAM
Try to find a seller who rent you the domain (registrar) and the VPS, it will be easyer to manage.
Mike05

Post by Mike05 »

Thank you for your response, I can rent vps, but I don't know how to install and configure Unrealircd with mibbit chat widget.

I want chat room like this, Please guys help me, I would appreciate your help. And if some one setup all this for me, I'm willing to pay for the services.
And I have Wordpress , some one Please tell me how and where to embed the mibbit widget generated iFrame code, when I create mibbit widget it states that add or embed the generated code to your website , but I don't know where and how, I want when users enter the address example
mychatroom.com, they straight go to the chat room, and I want to have some thing like this.. Please help help help.. thanks

this is live site, I want chat room like this, mixchatroom.pk

Thanks
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

Why pay for an installation, reading this documentaiton is free and simplest.
And to integrate your mibbit'iframe in wordpress, just create a static page, edit it (choose source mode, not wysiwyg) and copy the iframe code in it.

Note that if you want to manage a website and more things (as IRC server), you'll have to learn some essential things or you'll be dependant of pples.