4.2.1: Compile Error

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

vectr0n

4.2.1: Compile Error

Post by vectr0n »

Hello,

I went to upgrade our ircd's when I ran into the following error when trying to compile on Debian Stretch:

Code: Select all

vectr0n@ircd1:~/src/unrealircd-4.2.1$ make
Building src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/src'
gcc -I/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/include -pthread -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2    -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-invalid-source-encoding -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-format-truncation   -fno-strict-overflow -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector --param ssp-buffer-size=1   -fPIE -c timesynch.c
gcc -I/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/include -pthread -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2    -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-invalid-source-encoding -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-format-truncation   -fno-strict-overflow -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector --param ssp-buffer-size=1   -fPIE -c res.c
gcc -I/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/include -pthread -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2    -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-invalid-source-encoding -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-format-truncation   -fno-strict-overflow -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector --param ssp-buffer-size=1   -fPIE -c s_bsd.c
gcc -I/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/include -pthread -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2    -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-invalid-source-encoding -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-format-truncation   -fno-strict-overflow -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector --param ssp-buffer-size=1   -fPIE -c auth.c
auth.c: In function ‘authcheck_argon2’:
auth.c:318:14: error: ‘Argon2_id’ undeclared (first use in this function)
   hashtype = Argon2_id;
              ^~~~~~~~~
auth.c:318:14: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
auth.c: In function ‘mkpass_argon2’:
auth.c:687:8: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘argon2id_hash_encoded’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  ret = argon2id_hash_encoded(UNREALIRCD_ARGON2_DEFAULT_TIME_COST,
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
auth.c: At top level:
cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wno-format-truncation’
cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wno-invalid-source-encoding’
Makefile:98: recipe for target 'auth.o' failed
make[1]: *** [auth.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vectr0n/src/unrealircd-4.2.1/src'
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
Thanks,
Ken
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: 4.2.1: Compile Error

Post by Syzop »

Sorry for responding late, I don't watch the forums as closely as the bug tracker.

1. I see suspiciously few -I parameters in your gcc command line from 'make', which makes me wonder... did you run './Config' ?
2. Did you use any special configure parameters (last question in ./Config), like for system libs or something similar?
3. And could you put your config.log somewhere (eg: pastebin)?
vectr0n

Post by vectr0n »

Syzop wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 am Sorry for responding late, I don't watch the forums as closely as the bug tracker.

1. I see suspiciously few -I parameters in your gcc command line from 'make', which makes me wonder... did you run './Config' ?
2. Did you use any special configure parameters (last question in ./Config), like for system libs or something similar?
3. And could you put your config.log somewhere (eg: pastebin)?
No problem, I'm not sure it's a bug so I didn't post to the bug tracker.

1. I have ran ./Config -advanced with no issues
2. I have used "--with-system-tre --with-system-pcre2"
3. config.log: https://pastebin.com/SJg6MVN4

I had no issues with 4.2.0.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Would it be possible for me to get shell access on this machine (just a user account)? [email protected]
vectr0n

Post by vectr0n »

Syzop wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:45 pm Would it be possible for me to get shell access on this machine (just a user account)? [email protected]
I also have issues on 2 other debian stretch vm's so I am not sure what logging into my vm will resolve anything, but none the less, I will follow up via email.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Fixed in latest git, which will be in next UnrealIRCd release. Thanks for the report!

Apparently Debian 9.6 ships with a libargon2 that just falls short of providing Argon2id. It has version 20160821, while version 20161029 would have been fine. The new version of the configure script now correctly detects this and uses the version shipped with UnrealIRCd in such a case.

To anyone in the same problem, that is.. until we release a new UnrealIRCd version:
During ./Config you will get this question at the end:

Would you like to pass any custom parameters to configure?
See  `./configure --help' and write them here:
[] -> 
You must answer: --without-system-argon2

And then things will compile fine.
vectr0n

Post by vectr0n »

Syzop wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:32 pm Fixed in latest git, which will be in next UnrealIRCd release. Thanks for the report!

Apparently Debian 9.6 ships with a libargon2 that just falls short of providing Argon2id. It has version 20160821, while version 20161029 would have been fine. The new version of the configure script now correctly detects this and uses the version shipped with UnrealIRCd in such a case.

To anyone in the same problem, that is.. until we release a new UnrealIRCd version:
During ./Config you will get this question at the end:

Would you like to pass any custom parameters to configure?
See  `./configure --help' and write them here:
[] -> 
You must answer: --without-system-argon2

And then things will compile fine.
No problem, glad you were able to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the help! :)
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

UnrealIRCd 4.2.1.1 is now available for download from www.unrealircd.org. It fixes this compile issue on Debian stretch.