Forced to rename SSL certificate

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

CrazyCat

Forced to rename SSL certificate

Post by CrazyCat »

Hello there,
I use my own certificate (Let's encrypt), and I didn't rename it. So, when I do the ./unrealircd spkifp, I have errors because it doesn't find the (hardcoded?) conf/ssl/server.cert.pem file.
I think it may be usefull to have an option to give the filename, or better having it extract from the config file.

My 2 cents...
PeGaSuS
Official supporter

Re: Forced to rename SSL certificate

Post by PeGaSuS »

Probably you need to specify the cert and key via a set::ssl block (you didn't said if it's already done)?

Not sure, but worth a shot?
IRC Network: PTirc - GitHub: TehPeGaSuS - Help and support: #unreal-support
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

My block is well configured, I notice the trouble when linking : whatever I did, I had an authentication error. And I noticed that the command is only looking for server.cert.pem, independently of what is set in the configuration file.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Note that what CrazyCat is saying about the problem is limited to the './unrealircd spkifp' command only, not about the set block.

Crazycat: could it be that you only tried relative paths? I see an issue with that, since the cwd is changed to the tmp directory.
Absolute paths should have worked, though (eg: ./unrealircd spkifp /home/irc/unrealircd/conf/ssl/somecert.pem)
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

Well done Syzop, using the absolute path works. I've tried many relatives, and not this, shame on me.
For my defense, the wiki is not up to date, but I don't blame anyone, should I ? :D

Thanks a lot for the solution !
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

No blame. The fact that relative paths don't work is a bug that should be rectified. I just wanted to make sure that it was the issue you were encountering :)
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Fixed in git. The fix will be in next UnrealIRCd release.
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

Thanx a lot !

Regards