Need help with channel Setting Please

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

Mike555

Need help with channel Setting Please

Post by Mike555 »

Hello Friends;
I'm a newbie and I'm trying hard to learn about unrealIRCD, I'm running version 5.0.8 , anope-2.0.9, First problem that I had, I wasn't able to register the
Channel, but then I set the channel mode +o and got that resolve, /mode +o, but I wanna know whats the best practice setting the channel mode.

Secondly I downloaded few tcl scripts, extracted, placed in Bot's Scripts Directory and added the directives in bot's conf file, example: source scripts/Blackseen.tcl and few others but none of those are working. then I looked in the tcl file by opening with notepad, it says, .chanset #channel +Blackseen. I logged into miRC and typed those commands, but no luck. Please guide and help , how to activate tcl scripts and where to type this command, .chanset #channel +Blackseen, or what ever the script name is..

Thank you so much in advance. I would highly appreciate your help.
Thanks
CrazyCat

Re: Need help with channel Setting Please

Post by CrazyCat »

You're in the wrong place for eggdrop, have a look @ http://forum.egghelp.org
To do a short answer: you have to connect party-line using telnet or dcc chat with the eggdrop, that's the place where you can type these commands.
Mike555

Re: Need help with channel Setting Please

Post by Mike555 »

Hello CrazyCat;
Thank you for your response, you always responded to my requests. Much appreciated, and thank you for guiding me .

Thanks again Cat.