Cloaking is not working Need Help Please

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

Mike555

Cloaking is not working Need Help Please

Post by Mike555 »

Hello Friends;
unrealircd.conf directives

cloak-method "ip";

set {
cloak-keys {
"key-1";
"key-2";
"key-3";
};

Does not cloak the ip, it just cloak the first part, rest it reveals the user's ISP

Some one perform seen, result comes back: [email protected]

It should cloak the full IP example: should be.. [email protected]

What am i doing wrong?

secondly how to setup seen private, so it should be only visible to a user who perform seen on his/her friends.

Please help

Thanks
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Cloaking is not working Need Help Please

Post by Syzop »

You can change the set::cloak-method
So:

Code: Select all

set {
        cloak-method ip;
}
This is also mentioned at the end of the page of the Cloaking documentation.

And, I did not understand your second question, sorry :)
Mike555

Post by Mike555 »

Hello Syzop;
Thank you for your response, and thank you for your help. The Second question was, for example, If I perform command seen, !seen tester, the result should be only visible to me, for privacy reasons. But in my case If I perform example: !seen tester, the results is visible to every one. Is there an option to set seen private, so the seen result should be only visible to the user who perform seen.

Any best seen tcl that you can recommend, who tells the user that some one was looking for him/her when the user login.

Thanks mate
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

here is a good link for you to find tcl scripts:
https://www.tclarchive.org/

(and btw i dont understand why the output of !seen should be only visible to you.. everbody who is on a channel can see whenever someone joins or leaves.. !seen just tells the last time when the bot saw the user.. thats it. nothing private in it..)
PeGaSuS
Official supporter

Post by PeGaSuS »

Any best seen tcl that you can recommend, who tells the user that some one was looking for him/her when the user login.
That's not related to UnrealIRCd. You really should start reading the docs, and go to the right places to ask for help.

Sorry for being so blunt, but we are here to help you to fix errors that might appear with UnrealIRCd setup and not to tell you every time what you need to edit or do.

Cheers
IRC Network: PTirc - GitHub: TehPeGaSuS - Help and support: #unreal-support