Using Windows LDAP Auth with UnrealIRCd on Windows

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

Predatorian3

Using Windows LDAP Auth with UnrealIRCd on Windows

Post by Predatorian3 »

Is it possible to use the AD/LDAP Authentication, or Windows authentication to grant access, or restrict access to UnrealIRCd? I don't have the money to spend on the LDAPAuth module that Syzop made. Or does the UnrealIRCd service still need htat module to access those features regardless of operating system?
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Using Windows LDAP Auth with UnrealIRCd on Windows

Post by Stealth »

UnrealIRCd will need a module to access an LDAP directory, regardless of which UnrealIRCd version or operating system. The reasoning for that is because IRC was initially not designed to authenticate against anything more than the server itself (UnrealIRCD) or a services server (your NickServ/ChanServ/etc).
orodriguez

Re: Using Windows LDAP Auth with UnrealIRCd on Windows

Post by orodriguez »

Hello, I am looking to authenticate users via LDAP; I've read that there was a module made for this, but I have not been able to find it. Is it still available for UnrealIRCd 4.0.16? May I purchase it from a developer, this is a mandatory requirement for the project I am involved in. If this is not available, will I be forced to use a nickserv instead?