crash server

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

Suratka

crash server

Post by Suratka »

hi all i have a very bizarre problem.
I have three linked servers + anope servicecs. when I [..]the server crashes, resulting in a split etc.
Anyone know how to fix this?

MODERATOR EDIT: Details censored out, just in case it is a real bug
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: crash server

Post by Syzop »

First of all, you should not post these things on a public forum. Everyone can read this. If you are right then it means a user can crash the server. If someone with bad intentions reads your message they may start crashing other peoples servers. You can see how that is a bad idea, right?

Fortunately I cannot reproduce your problem. Here it works OK without crashes. May I ask you to report it on https://bugs.unrealircd.org/ ? Please mark the bug report as 'private' and we can have a look. Thanks!
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Ah, I see you reported a bug via the UnrealIRCd crash reporter. Thanks for that. I will reply to you there.

For others: this is a crash in a 3rd party module, not an UnrealIRCd bug.
Suratka

Post by Suratka »

I solved, I believe it was a third-party module, which I don't mention, which creates this problem. (I would call it conflict)
I haven't turned it off, but I've found a very simple solution to fix it. And yes
I sent the report. thanks and sorry.
P.S. and anyway, I never mentioned bugs from unrealircd.