Hub question

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

ComputerTech

Hub question

Post by ComputerTech »

So if i have 3 servers for example and i link 2 through the hub, will the hub habe any usage by simply being linked to the two servers?

and i mean no users connect to the hub, does the 2 servers still cause usage to the hub?
ComputerTech
Lord255

Re: Hub question

Post by Lord255 »

i presume this one already answered in the chat.
feel free to summarize the new things you learn, other ppl will might learn from it. :)
cheers
ComputerTech

Post by ComputerTech »

cool sure, thanks Lord255.

So i have linked 6 leafs to one hub and i monitored the ram usage, doesnt go up even when i mass flooded one of the leafs with bots and messages.

for example i monitored the hub server with ps aux, and i have 500mb ram and the usage of the hub server remained at 4.5%

Hope this answers someones question in the future :D
Last edited by ComputerTech on Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComputerTech
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

That is correct, most of the memory that you need to reserve in UnrealIRCd (so when we speak of memory requirements) are for buffering of individual client connections. Those are buffers for sending/receiving traffic and those are only needed per local connection, not for remote connections. Other than that, the memory requirements are low.
CPU too, most of it is spent on processing local connections, so again low requirements for a hub.
ComputerTech

Post by ComputerTech »

I am testing a theory i have, that if i have 2 hubs, the usage from hub2 wont affect hub1's usage thus like a balance, i have started testing this morning, i'm pretty sure i am i right, will let everyone know the results in a few, feel free to say if i am correct or wrong :D
ComputerTech
suparel

Post by suparel »

how do i change mode +aq from ~/& to @
Lord255

Post by Lord255 »

suparel wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:51 pm how do i change mode +aq from ~/& to @
remove "config.settings" file and run ./Config again.
when it ask about it, answer it right. :)
then do again, what is written on the screen.