official channels block not showing any channels in list

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

jvezinat

official channels block not showing any channels in list

Post by jvezinat »

All,

Anyone have any idea how to create a list of pre-defined channels? I followed the documentation in "https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Configu ... nels_block" without any channels being shown on the channel list. The server is an air-gapped server and does not have access to outside lists etc. I would like to just have some pre-defined channels that users see when they connect? Any help would be appreciated as i though this would be easy to do...................................
jvezinat

Re: official channels block not showing any channels in list

Post by jvezinat »

nvm, gonna switch to a better piece of software. how hard is it to have this feature? or have it work? garbage
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

Use the +P channelmode instead as official-channels feature is planned to be removed anyway.
BTW, check the ircd.log file, as there should be a warning about this on every rehash. Maybe the configuration is not being read correctly for some reason?
* *** [warning] set::oficial-channels is deprecated. It often does not do what you want. You're better of creating a channel, setting all modes, topic, etc. to your liking and then making the channel permanent (MODE #channel +P). The channel will then be stored in a database to preserve it between restarts.
Koragg

Post by Koragg »

As was suggested check the log for errors. Also perhaps there is a restrict on /list in place where it is going to give no channeel lists for the first X seconds after connecting (usually 60).

Also next time try to wait more than 8 minutes before you say something is garbage when it is most likely YOU who did not get it right or does not understand which restriictions might be legitmitally stopping it ;)