Custom new channel mode

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

afpromania

Custom new channel mode

Post by afpromania »

Hy!

I tryed something new but no luck so far.. and i decided to join you for further help. I want to create a new mode flag +y like this: /mode # +y Nick

What i have done so far:
struct.h; common.h; h.h; src/channel.c; /modules/m_mode.c; m_server.c; m_whois.c; m_nick.c; m_whois.c; /modules/chaneel.c <== all of this updated for +y flag
#define MODE_VIP CHFL_VIP
- added new flags, channel prefix
- added classes and new functions
When i use the coomand, it says: invalid flag (y). I mention that i have no error on compiling modules.

I really need a little help here. Or maybe is another way to do that.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Custom new channel mode

Post by Syzop »

As for channel modes, UnrealIRCd has module support for:
  • Single character channel modes (eg: +S)
  • Parameter channel modes (eg: +f) - both styles: set-and-unset-with-1-parameter and set-with-param/unset-without-param
  • Extended bans/exempts/invex (eg: +b ~T:*something*)
At this point UnrealIRCd does not have module support for:
  • List modes (+beI)
  • Level modes (+vhoaq)
The lack of modular support of list modes is usually not a problem as we have extbans to compensate. It sounds you are after level modes :).
I'm not sure if there is a feature request on the bug tracker about this. I don't think so. Someone needing to add level modes is a rare event, last time I heard a request is many years ago. Because it's rarely requested and considerable work we haven't done this (yet).

So, yes, the only way to do this would be to modify the source (heavily).
afpromania

Re: Custom new channel mode

Post by afpromania »

I understand the situation that i'm in. I just want to know:
1. level modes support "=" sign in users list? (~&@%+ and = (for +y)) or i have to change it to another sign.. like "*"
2. is there any graphyc webpage that displays the dependencies for every file? I know there was one few years ago