[REQUEST] Server notice on /query nick

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Mrmot

[REQUEST] Server notice on /query nick

Post by Mrmot »

Hi, can it somehow be done (modules or some option) that users, when opening someone`s query get message (notice/snotice/msg) about rules - what to write or show (since we have cams) and how to report abusers (basically message of admins choice)?
Someone told me that can be done with modules but i don`t have knowledge for that.
If someone would be kind and nice to point me to module that looks the same or write it for me i would greatly appreciate it.
alhoceima

Re: [REQUEST] Server notice on /query nick

Post by alhoceima »

thats what MOTD is for when they connect they see the rules and restrictions i dont think its needed to keep sending rules over and over again
they could also simply do /motd or /rules
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: [REQUEST] Server notice on /query nick

Post by Gottem »

Not to mention it's impossible to do this with a server module. /query is not a server command, it's merely a client-side implementation so you can have a separate tab/window for that person. Only once you actually send something will the server know about you trying to talk to someone in private. But from the server point of view, it has no idea that you started a new query instead of re-using an existing one.

The same goes for closing that tab; the server is totally unaware of this and as such can't determine when the tab is closed and re-opened, in order to re-send the rules.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]