[DONE] m_clearlist to clear +bIe lists

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] m_clearlist to clear +bIe lists

Post by Gottem »

This module is quite similar to m_rmtkl in that you can clear "ban" lists based on masks with wildcards. So you could use a mask of *!*@` or even just * to clear everything, it's pretty straightforward tbh. =]

Syntax: CLEARLIST <channel> <flags> <mask>

Types:
  • b => ban
  • e => ban exception
  • I => invite exception
Examples:
  • CLEARLIST #bighek b *
  • CLEARLIST #ayylmao Ie *!uid*@*
  • CLEARLIST #ham * *
Git repos ftw.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Re: [DONE] m_clearlist to clear +bIe lists

Post by Gottem »

It also works for removing malformed masks, such as: asf@*, qwerty etc. A lot of people seem to be getting these after upgrading to 4.0.1x. The module already supported it but apparently it didn't quite properly propagate to other servers. It does now. =]

Simply doing /clearlist #chan b kjsdhgjdhfgjhdfg will take care of it, as it will iterate through the ban entries anyways. Any malformed mask will get a special treatment regardless of whether it matches kjsdhgjdhfgjhdfg. ;]

Grab the updated version from the git repo in the OP.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

You mean before they upgraded to 4.0.10 ;). With 4.0.10 (starting -rc2) and later these incorrect bans cannot be added. With older versions such as 4.0.9 (and before) there was a bug causing these bans to be added sometimes. In fact, you reported one of the symptoms yourself on the bug tracker with UnrealIRCd 4.0.5 but it was so sporadic that we could not reproduce.

I'm only aware of two reports in our support channel and that one bug report. Useful module, though, I referred those two people to your mod :)
If you know of.. say, more than 10 reports, then let me know, so I know that I should write a bit more elaborate on the subject in the release notes. Would add another reason why people should upgrade to 4.0.10.
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Well I may have misunderstood the exact issue then. :D It seemed like (partially) upgrading your IRCds to 4.0.1x resulted in these bans. Doesn't really matter though, it's just semantics in the end.

And yeah, I remember that report. :> It still hasn't come back since, we're still on 4.0.5 even (with some of your security patches). I'll keep an eye out for additional reports on IRC. =]