[DONE] m_git to install/update mods from git

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

[DONE] m_git to install/update mods from git

Post by Gottem »

This module allows easy installation and updating of modules from git through an IRC command. It requires access to a shell/pipe and the commands "make" and "git" (so may not work on Windows, probably not even (we're all Linux users, sry)). The paths you can feed it may NOT start with a slash, and are always relative to $HOME. Also requires you to have the privilege git in your operclass. =]

Oh yeah, it also throws a SNO_EYES snomask to notify IRC opers of the command usage. Every server it ran on returns one line of output regarding its success as well.

I mainly created this module for our own network, which is why it's not very portable. :> Figured I could share it anyways for those who might have some use for it.

Syntax:
GIT INSTALL <Unreal source path> <build/tmp folder> <git clone URL> [-global]
GIT UPDATE <Unreal source path> <git module path> [-global]

Example: /git install build/unrealircd-4.0.5 build https://github.com/someone/somemodule.git
This will clone the repo to the folder $HOME/build (of the server you are on) and copy .c files in there to $HOME/build/unrealircd-4.0.5/src/modules/third. It will then run `make && make install`.

Example 2: /git update build/unrealircd-4.0.5 build/somemodule -global
This will do a pull of the repo in $HOME/build/somemodule and again copies .c files to $HOME/build/unrealircd-4.0.5/src/modules/third before doing `make && make install`. Since -global is specified, all currently connected servers will do the same.

Get it here.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]